Cwilkins711

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2023
Hi everyone!
I just acquired two Sebastopol goslings and I have a few questions.

I’m pretty sure they’re mixed. They’re not breed standard, but they’re just pets so that really isn’t an issue.

Number one issue is one seems to have an issue with her crop. She is holding her head up like she’s swallowing and there is drool coming out of her mouth and at one point she seemed like she regurge some food. She’s been at my home for barely an hour. She had access to some pelleted food but when I noticed this I took the food away and logged on here.

Number two issue is the same gosling as mentioned above also has Angel wing. Is this fixable at 3/4 months old? What should I do to ensure it doesn’t get worse or affect her down the road?

Thank you for any help!

Hi everyone!
I just acquired two Sebastopol goslings and I have a few questions.

I’m pretty sure they’re mixed. They’re not breed standard, but they’re just pets so that really isn’t an issue.

Number one issue is one seems to have an issue with her crop. She is holding her head up like she’s swallowing and there is drool coming out of her mouth and at one point she seemed like she regurge some food. She’s been at my home for barely an hour. She had access to some pelleted food but when I noticed this I took the food away and logged on here.

Number two issue is the same gosling as mentioned above also has Angel wing. Is this fixable at 3/4 months old? What should I do to ensure it doesn’t get worse or affect her down the road?

Thank you for any help!

Does she have access to water? Was she wolfing the food down prior to the gurgling?

At 3 months angel wing probably isn’t correctible unfortunately, you can try gentle manipulating her wrist to see if there’s any mobility, if it will twist into the correct position and then wrap it, but it’s unlikely at this age.

Does she have access to water? Was she wolfing the food down prior to the gurgling?

At 3 months angel wing probably isn’t correctible unfortunately, you can try gentle manipulating her wrist to see if there’s any mobility, if it will twist into the correct position and then wrap it, but it’s unlikely at this age.
Yes there are two separate water sources and one was right next to where the food was. I think she was eating pretty fast. Could it be impacted crop?

That’s unfortunate about the Angel wing.. I’ll have to see if I can move her wrist. I’ve only had these two for barely an hour 🤦🏻‍♀️

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. But I hope I'm in time to help. Basically geese and ducks have the same problems. And one of those problems are you HAVE to have WATER available ALL THE TIME. No matter what. They need a lot of water also. Usually when it looks like they are choking or stuff or having a blockage, you put out more water to solve it. OR, it might be that there's something wrong with the existing water and you replace it (Like if it gets red algae in it etc).

Also, some of this when they act like they are choking is actually their beak nostrils. They have to clean out their beak nostrils often. So they need the water deep enough to submerge their heads in it, and blow that crud out. But still have the water not out of reach since they aren't very good at climbing.

Try this and report. :)

Back
Top Bottom