Kattzombiee

Chirping
Apr 15, 2023
Hello! I am a newbie chicken mama out of NE Florida and I am looking forward to being here! :) Hoping to get a little more insight and knowledge here than my local backyard chickens FB groups have been providing (fingers crossed)

I am fairly new to chickens, we were given 2 one-two year old laying hens about a month ago from a family member and decided to just jump on in like the crazy people we are, lol.

We currently have our 2 adult Leghorn (I assume, we were never told anything more than "white chickens" lol!) And 6 babies that include: Salmon Faverolle, BBS Ameraucana, Buff Brahma, Dark Brahma, Mystic Maran, and an Olive Egger.

Just in general watching these babies grow and their personalities develop has been my favorite thing ever. They're so funny and quite entertaining. I sit with them for a minimum of an hour (not including cleanings and maintance time) every day to help socialize them and it is truly my new zen. I love to just open their brooder up (a large dog cage) and let them come and go on my lap, a few have learned they love to be shoulder chicks and one in particular is very fond of being on heads lol!

My husband has been busy building us a wonderful large secure run space for these ladies to have when we aren't here to supervise their full on free roaming (too many predator risks here!) And I have been busy developing and growing our garden across the yard from it. Looking forward to hopefully growing some things these ladies can also enjoy with us! Eventually I look forward to having a small fence all around the garden/chicken areas of the yard so the girls can free roam in it while I'm in the garden and my dogs can safely enjoy the space with us!

Can't wait to meet new folks here and expand some of my chicky knowledge 🥰

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

You have definitely come to the right place for all the fun and learning! Enjoy your new babies, chickens are SO much fun to keep. If you have any questions about anything along the way, be sure to ask. Welcome to our community!

Hello! I am a newbie chicken mama out of NE Florida and I am looking forward to being here! :) Hoping to get a little more insight and knowledge here than my local backyard chickens FB groups have been providing (fingers crossed)

I am fairly new to chickens, we were given 2 one-two year old laying hens about a month ago from a family member and decided to just jump on in like the crazy people we are, lol.

We currently have our 2 adult Leghorn (I assume, we were never told anything more than "white chickens" lol!) And 6 babies that include: Salmon Faverolle, BBS Ameraucana, Buff Brahma, Dark Brahma, Mystic Maran, and an Olive Egger.

Just in general watching these babies grow and their personalities develop has been my favorite thing ever. They're so funny and quite entertaining. I sit with them for a minimum of an hour (not including cleanings and maintance time) every day to help socialize them and it is truly my new zen. I love to just open their brooder up (a large dog cage) and let them come and go on my lap, a few have learned they love to be shoulder chicks and one in particular is very fond of being on heads lol!

My husband has been busy building us a wonderful large secure run space for these ladies to have when we aren't here to supervise their full on free roaming (too many predator risks here!) And I have been busy developing and growing our garden across the yard from it. Looking forward to hopefully growing some things these ladies can also enjoy with us! Eventually I look forward to having a small fence all around the garden/chicken areas of the yard so the girls can free roam in it while I'm in the garden and my dogs can safely enjoy the space with us!

Can't wait to meet new folks here and expand some of my chicky knowledge 🥰
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom