nnheacox

Chirping
May 11, 2024
Is this a normal foot/leg?? I’m so paranoid about scaly leg mites 😬

Attachments

• IMG_5670.jpeg
    IMG_5670.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 32
If you are worried about parasites and stuff... just clean their cages more. This is also how other farm livestock it works. If they have more contact with their feces they are more likely to get a parasite or bug. If they have less, or are moved away often enough from areas they've passed waste over then they will get sick less. This is especially true of sheep but applies to most farm animals in one way or another.

PS; some people feed pumpkins to livestock for a couple weeks at certain times in the year for naturally deworming and parasites also.

I Wish you luck with this.

If you are worried about parasites and stuff... just clean their cages more. This is also how other farm livestock it works. If they have more contact with their feces they are more likely to get a parasite or bug. If they have less, or are moved away often enough from areas they've passed waste over then they will get sick less. This is especially true of sheep but applies to most farm animals in one way or another.

PS; some people feed pumpkins to livestock for a couple weeks at certain times in the year for naturally deworming and parasites also.

I Wish you luck with this.
Thanks!! I’m cleaning really often and they get a good amount of free range time. I’m probably being overly paranoid since these are my first chickens. I’m growing pumpkins now, so I’ll definitely use them for that! Assuming canned pumpkin would work, too?

Thanks!! I’m cleaning really often and they get a good amount of free range time. I’m probably being overly paranoid since these are my first chickens. I’m growing pumpkins now, so I’ll definitely use them for that! Assuming canned pumpkin would work, too?
Well... I grow pumpkins. So I've not tested canned pumpkins. But with anything it would depend on how altered its chemical state is. Probably it would work, but I'm thinking the less altered the better. And you don't have to do this all the time, probably just 1-2 times a year. I think you have to do it a couple of weeks straight tho, according to what people said.

Back
Top Bottom