North Carolina

Busy weekend here! After momma red's babies went missing she went back in the big pen with all the other layers, only to lay for maybe 10 days and go broody again! so I figured it was time to make her her own pen/breeder for when she does this. She isn't even a year old yet and this is the second time she's gone broody.....

all recycled materials....didn't spend a penny and got alot of "junk" out of the backyard.

hopefully the eggs she's sitting on are fertile.
Beth: do you have anything hatching around the 21st? incase these don't hatch I want to give her at least 2 babies.

Meg: I think the GF may be interested in going to one of the shows with you, If you are ok with that.....I've been sending her out with my mom and aunts to get her out of the house on the weekends so I can get stuff done without her having to stop me every so often to help her with things. I don't mind it but I'm collecting as much "me time" before the baby arrives.

hope everyone is enjoying the cool down weather!

Electrolytes are good and give them probiotics. Such as eggs, yogurt, buttermilk also oatmeal is good too.
Just watch that they don't start getting lesion in their mouths, if they do I would recommend starting Tylan or some type of antibiotic. Also pick the lesion off, they will have a hard time eating otherwise.
Nothing else you can do...let it runs it course. It will take a few weeks. After this they will have some sort immunity to it and should not get it again or only get a mild case if they get infected again.

One more reason to hate misquotes.
rant.gif
beth
my americauna has foam in the corner of one eye now is that something i should be concerned with?? I am going to give them some probiotics today?
Jon

The Juvi's are set to ship today!!??? (Say that 5 times fast?!)
wee.gif

1 partridge cochin
1 blue silkie
1 white silkie
1 partridge penedesenca
1 red silkie

3 "Assorted" rare breeds

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

We name them all after family members .. I can't wait to learn their different temperaments so I can properly name them ;)
One day, someone is going to get mad they are the ornery hen!

Busy weekend here! After momma red's babies went missing she went back in the big pen with all the other layers, only to lay for maybe 10 days and go broody again! so I figured it was time to make her her own pen/breeder for when she does this. She isn't even a year old yet and this is the second time she's gone broody.....

all recycled materials....didn't spend a penny and got alot of "junk" out of the backyard.

hopefully the eggs she's sitting on are fertile.
Beth: do you have anything hatching around the 21st? incase these don't hatch I want to give her at least 2 babies.

Meg: I think the GF may be interested in going to one of the shows with you, If you are ok with that.....I've been sending her out with my mom and aunts to get her out of the house on the weekends so I can get stuff done without her having to stop me every so often to help her with things. I don't mind it but I'm collecting as much "me time" before the baby arrives.

hope everyone is enjoying the cool down weather!
Sounds to me like YOU are interested in the GF coming with me...but either way is all good! I'm not 100% sure on the 24th yet, but there's a group of us meeting up at the show on the 8th, and she's welcome to ride with me and join us. I have to go to DC...and back...on Thanksgiving day, so I don't know that I'll be recovered enough for the drive on the 24th. I think I will, though. That's what cruise control is for, after all!

The Juvi's are set to ship today!!??? (Say that 5 times fast?!)
wee.gif

1 partridge cochin
1 blue silkie
1 white silkie
1 partridge penedesenca
1 red silkie

3 "Assorted" rare breeds

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

We name them all after family members .. I can't wait to learn their different temperaments so I can properly name them ;)
One day, someone is going to get mad they are the ornery hen!

That's awesome, where did you order them from?

That's awesome, where did you order them from?
mypetchicken.com B/c there is a smaller minimum order for shipping AND a large variety on most ship dates.

They had notified me right after my order that they don't notify you of shipping and DO NOT provide tracking numbers, etc ....

I was really disappointed. But they sent an email this morning with a notification they had shipped AND a tracking number!!!
And I'm all like ...
wee.gif

I guess they haven't updated their website?

Back
Top Bottom