North Carolina

Quote:
Nope. Our local animal shelter only takes dogs and cats, and they generally euthanize them pretty quickly. I used to volunteer there until this little boy came in to pick "his" dog. They picked a dog, and had to leave to get cash to come back and get him. They told the manager they were coming right back, he closed for lunch and euthanized the dog anyway.
somad.gif
I stopped going. I sometimes send DH up there to pull animals, but we haven't pulled anyone in 6 months.

That is awful the poor little boy..
sad.png
our shelter is no kill and really a great one for being in the sticks. I don't know if they take anything other than dogs and cats, thats all they ever have in the paper so probably not..

Yeah, we kinda lost faith in it after that. That little boy was heartbroken. I will probably start trying to catch them tomorrow, and keep them penned to make sure all are healthy, then take them to the show to sell.

That would be a good idea, hopefully someone would want them.. It makes me so mad when people get animals doesn't matter what kind and then won't be responsible for them, makes me want to
smack.gif

Quote:
I am sure they would go. I have no idea what kind they are, but games are big business around here. That actually just gave me an idea...I could put an ad on CG....

I need your guys honest opinion, should I keep my little clementine or find her a home. Once I get a animal thats it I keep them, unless it's a foster
smile.png
. I really want to keep her but feel horrible that she is alone. She will not take to the diaper and has to stay in her cage inside most of the day. We can hear her pace back and forth and she clucks and try's to crow. When she is with us or can see us she is fine but I hate putting her thru that every day. I have tried putting her outside but it stresses her out more
hmm.png
I am not sure what to do
idunno.gif
We have her in a 30x30 wire rabbit cage right now, I couldn't really put another bird in there with her bigger than the size of a serama.

em: our animal control is no better
somad.gif
I cant stand it. Could we see some pictures of your stray chickens?
pop.gif

Last edited:
I will try taking some pictures. I know they are laying, because they dive bomb us with the eggs. They will roost up in the tree beside the house and lay the egg and let it drop. They are free to a good home! If you decide not to keep your serama, We'll put her with our polish.

Back
Top Bottom