North Carolina

Finally got around to uploading some pics of my coop and my girls! I named the coop "Park Avenue" as an inside joke between me and the wife since we moved from a small town to urban neighborhood. She always said to me "Darlin' I love ya, but give me Park Avenue..... So I did! LOL!" The girls are Margo (australorp) and Cecelia (light Sussex)
love.gif
That's a really nice set-up for an urban chicken house! Far roomier than most I've seen. I'm sure the birds love it...and I hope your wife does, too!

I was not setup to have a separate area for a broody hen. Not sure I know she added some the first few days. day 3 was 13 3 got broken day 28 was 24. I know that not much help. Will candle the ones from today and make her a separate spot and see.

I would say it's possible that since she has been sitting on eggs at different ages, you may very well wait more than 21 days before anything hatches. However, if some eggs got broken and the other eggs got dirty from that, you may have a nest of duds. Be careful handling them too much and when you do return them to the nest, try to return them as close to the same position as possible (same side up, etc). Mark the ones you leave so that if others get laid in the meantime, you can easily identify and remove them.

PS, most good sized hens can handle a clutch of 10 eggs...any more than that is probably too many.

Last edited:
Okay guys, sorry..I'm an outsider..lol..all the way from WV..I have a friend who's mom lives in NC and she is really wanting some Silkie hatching eggs.. she wants me to find them, buy them and have them sent to her house(she's up here right now).. so I started here in the hopes that I could find someone that was closer so the eggs don't get shipped from CA or something. .I have no clue what part of the state she lives in, but I will call my friend here shortly and find out..in the meantime if there's any one out there that would ship a dozen , I'd love to hear from you..I think she's leaning towards a BQ /SQ but as long as they are decent fluffy stock, she'll be happy..I don't think she has a preference on color but I'll find that out too.. Thanks in advance!!!

Finally got around to uploading some pics of my coop and my girls! I named the coop "Park Avenue" as an inside joke between me and the wife since we moved from a small town to urban neighborhood. She always said to me "Darlin' I love ya, but give me Park Avenue..... So I did! LOL!" The girls are Margo (australorp) and Cecelia (light Sussex):love
Nice looking coop!

Tell her if she is in eastern nc look on lejeuneyardsales.com there is a guy saying silkies there and eggs to I think and we have the flippin chicken auction 1 and 3 sat each month outside beaulaville nc preview at 10 auction at 11 usually plenty of birds eggs and ACC

I am in Rocky Mount. Does anyone know where I can get some EE chickens. The one I had turned out to be a Roo. I was really hoping for some green eggs for my granddaughter. I only want one maybe two

*sigh* Does/will anyone have Salmon Faverolles chicks anytime this season? I've already lost 3 of my 8 hatchery chicks, two of which were my cockerels. ;n;

I'll be setting some eggs this week!
I am in Rocky Mount. Does anyone know where I can get some EE chickens. The one I had turned out to be a Roo. I was really hoping for some green eggs for my granddaughter. I only want one maybe two

I have Olive Eggers and Dark Brown egg layers in the brooder now. 3-4 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom