North Carolina

Quote:
Morning ML! No you do not have to have 2 frizzles, that is actually a no no so to speak, Friz to friz actually makes a frazzle, too much frizzle gene causes issues. You breed frizzle to smooth to get more frizz, some will be smooth some fizzle, luck of the draw I guess.
smile.png

Greenacre - I bet you are the very nice person I was just emailing with about your cochins!!! Dope! Too funny. No wonder you were so nice - you're a BYC'er!!!!!!!!!
gig.gif
Make sure you keep me in mind and congrats on your 1st frizzle cochin egg!!
clap.gif

Bhep, you are a busy person! So many chicks coming and going! How do you keep up with it all!? Congrats on all your babies and can't wait to see pics!

NH - Love the pics! They look like they're enjoying their new fam.

ChickenintheMeadow - Lookin good!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Off to take little man to see the doc. <again> Have a good day everyone!

Thanks HT so it's like dachshunds, shouldn't bred dapple to dapple because of the same reason. well maybe one of these days I'll get another frizzle! I love my little frizzle she is the best little mommie.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Morning ML! No you do not have to have 2 frizzles, that is actually a no no so to speak, Friz to friz actually makes a frazzle, too much frizzle gene causes issues. You breed frizzle to smooth to get more frizz, some will be smooth some fizzle, luck of the draw I guess.
smile.png

HT covered it. I have two pens going one with a gorgeous smooth blue roo( was supposed to be a pullet, but long story) with my black frizzle hens. goal to have blue frizzle chicks. Should be 50-50% chance of frizzle chicks 50-50 blue and black. My second pen is a black frizzle roo with blue and splash pullets 100% blue with the splash pullet and 50-50 black and blue with the blue pullets. These guys are young and not started laying yet and from shipped eggs. Still looking for a better roo for this pen.
I still have chicks I'm watching and have been selling the roos and pullets that don't fit the program. I've I got 3 black frizzles and coming along not sure of sex yet and just hatched some blues and blacks and just waiting watching for feathers to come in.

Thank you SCM. Hope your guy is doing better.

B-hep is sure a busy lady. I don't think I do as much as her and I work outside the home full time, keep track of 80 foster horses at various foster and do the chickens.

Sebbies

72330_sebbies.jpg

Olive Eggers

72330_oes.jpg

BLRW

72330_blrw.jpg

BBS Cochin

72330_bbscochin.jpg

Bon Bons ??? JK 2 Serama and 2 bantam mixes (darker one)

72330_bobbonsss.jpg

Mystery eggs = Easter eggers

72330_cutepic.jpg

Easter egger group

72330_ees.jpg

Last edited:
Beth, those pictures are precious, I especially like the bon bons..
wink.png
love those sebbies are you keeping them? how do they do in hot weather
oh and thanks greenacre, I would love to see some pictures of your blues. my frizzle is blk. and I would love a white one too, and now probably a blue since I know they come in that color. don't know how white would go here though,
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom