North Carolina

Henny (bantam that went broody) has at least one chick hatched so far.
love.gif

Can't wait to see how many of the six eggs hatch, one down five to go!
fl.gif

Good morning everyone, feeling slow and tired today, yesterday was the first day in months I could get down to my friends and ride 'my' horse Blackjack, He is such a wild thing, he gave me a stern talking to followed by a nip and tthen on the trail proceeded to buck me, then came over got in my face and nickered. :lol: I guess that was my warning, the rest of the trail was awesome, spent 4 hours wondering around and the weather was just perfect.
Came home and decided to extend the pen for my pig, so that she had more grass and sun.
Then had to clean cages. So owwww I hurt, O well time to suck it up :p and walk up to the store.

Hope you all have a great day. Here are some pics for ya'll to enjoy

Last edited:
Brought these two home this week, a blue wheatan maran and a red cuckoo orp. Hoping both are hens. They are about 4 months old.

The chicks in the garage are 5 weeks old today. Feathering nicely. Again, hoping all are hens.

Started some veggies in the ground. The goat barn is built. Cedar fencing is going in. Ready to finish so we can bring in the dairy goats to the family.

Finish treating hens with Tylan the kind you put in the water today (Sat.). How long with egg withdrawal. I looked it up on here and I gotten no days with the kind you put in the water to 1 day to 3 weeks. A friend of mine said wait to about Tues. Any answers on this
idunno.gif

Hi all! Not here much but still here! Pop in and read posts daily, just really busy right now!
Now I have a question, I have a hen that I believe is broody, seems to always be on the nest and 'growled' at me when I opened the box to check for eggs yesterday. She has quit laying and the others have been laying in the box when she gets up, then she plops her fat self down on the eggs and fusses at me for taking them! Silly girl! Sounds broody, huh? Now I am trying to decide whether to let her sit, Advice for dealing with this? We are going on a 2 week vacation in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom