North Carolina

She seems to be doing pretty well.  Looked a lot worse at first, but now that all the shock has worn off from the massacre and wailing toddler and preschooler things are looking better.  Wonder if she'll ever have tail feathers again?  I'm guessing no?  After all of this, I'm discovering that being called a chicken is actually a complement.  They are pretty dang resilient critters.

The new chicks the in-laws brought home are doing well too.  :)  Although, I think two of the seven are boys but a tad early to say for sure.  The store was REALLY trying to get rid of them though so they gave one away for free if we took all seven.  Hopefully I can keep these ones alive at least until they reach POL.  These are going to be the most expensive eggs I've ever eaten.  :(

Thanks again for all the support!  You guys rock!

You might get some. Still waiting for Snowy's butt to get feathered out and it's been several months. I'm hoping he'll eventually get his gorgeous tail feathers back. He didn't have an open wound, either.

frow.gif

Morning all......
cool.png

Just had my first successful hatch last weekend. We set 6 random eggs from our flock and these two were the results. Three eggs were not fertile, and the fourth stopped developing right before lockdown.

Time for me to downsize some!

-2 week old Easter Egger pullets: $7/each
-2 week old Barred Rock pullets: $7/each

-5 week old Easter Egger pullets: $10/each

-12 week old Barred Rock and Black Sex Link Pullets: $15/each (limited availability) These girls will be laying in Feb!

-2 Laying Hens available. They are 8 months old and lay large tan eggs daily. $25/each

-2 4 week old Chocolate Muscovy Ducklings - $7/each

For more information or to schedule a visit come visit us at:
https://www.facebook.com/NewDawnHomestead

Back
Top Bottom