North Carolina

Back from my trip to Georgia and just loaded the incubator with this week's eggs.  Almost ten dozen, but not quite after I sorted them out.  Mostly Buff Orpingtons, Easter Eggers/Olive Eggers.  Probably have a few extra Golden Cuckoo Marans cockerels to go, too.  WooHoo!  Looking forward to my first hatch this year!

I love buff orpingtons but everyone around here seems to find them boring color wise. I have a big buff who seems to be as smart as a dog. 

I've met a few that find them boring, but mostly they are very popular in my area because they are dependable, calm, dual purpose birds. I guess some people are more interested in color than productivity, though!

Hi everyone! Well, the chick that wasn't doing so well in January, managed to make it but then a couple weeks ago was taken away by a cat or something. I thought my broody was a great mama but she is the WORST mom ever! She lost 2 chicks total - female chicks! so now I'm stuck with 3 cockerels. anyone interested in these guys?
One looks like a French Black Copper Marans. Dad is a blue splash English type Marans, & the mom, well, I thought she was blue copper marans x with barred rock - one leg clean one leg feathered. She is mostly black with a little red copper around her face & neck. I don't want to say for sure it's an FBCM in case someone is looking to breed him.
Dad:

Mom:

=

Mom

=

Mom (blue copper marans)

= (Grey one on left)

If you're near Craven county pm me if interested!

Last edited:
Good morning y'all. I think I'm going to spend the morning getting my coop ready for more rain and ice. I really hope it's not as bad as last weekend.

How is everyone else doing? On the topic of buffs, I have four lovely girls and they are my favorite of all my chickens. I'd love to get a buff roo at some point, but I think that one ee roo and two bantam roos are enough for now. :)

Setting Eggs this Wednesday (3-19-14) for a hatch date of Wednesday (4-
I'm in April's hatch a long thread. Mine should be hatching the first week, your hatch date just in time for Easter, how exciting! I have a barnyard mix as well :)
Most of them should turn out like this
9-14). These will be Barnyard Mixes for Egg Layers and a few Ameraucana's.
I put the wrong hatch date up here, I changed it now. Their actually suppose to hatch on Wednesday (4-9-14).

Last edited:
Setting Eggs this Wednesday (3-19-14) for a hatch date of Wednesday (4-19-14). These will be Barnyard Mixes for Egg Layers and a few Ameraucana's.

I'm in April's hatch a long thread. Mine should be hatching the first week, your hatch date just in time for Easter, how exciting! I have a barnyard mix as well :)
Most of them should turn out like this

[COLOR=008000]I think your hatch date is off by a bit. If you set on 3-19-14[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]you should start seeing hatching activity by 4-8-14 or at[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]least a few days close to that. Good luck with your hatch either way [/COLOR] :D

Oops, I meant to put they would hatch on Wednesday (4-9-14). :)

Last edited:
Setting Eggs this Wednesday (3-19-14) for a hatch date of Wednesday (4-9-14). These will be Barnyard Mixes for Egg Layers and a few Ameraucana's.
I put the wrong hatch date up here, I changed it now. Their actually suppose to hatch on Wednesday (4-9-14).

I'm only a few days ahead of you then! Good luck :D

Edit:
My husband will be in charge of the lockdown, my son & I have to travel out of town that day for his MRI. I was thinking to make a special account just for him in case he needs support while they hatch lol! I'm gonna miss out on the most exciting part

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom