North Carolina

Hi folks! I am from Middle TN and will be headed to the Yadkin/Jonesville NC area Thursday for a few days and am wondering if anyone in that area might have some Turkey Poults or Guinea chicks ( or even hatching eggs) available??  Also looking for Penedensenca chicks or hatching eggs.

I might be a little far from you but I have a dozen pied pearl guinea eggs if you're interested in driving to Sanford. I'd let them all go for $25.
I'm NPIP. :)

I've been outside Philly for two years now. Had to leave chicken breeding behind and so glad to be moving to rural NC (Leicester) in July where I can resume my programs. I'll be looking for local Marans and Ameracaunas. Anybody know they'll have either ready to sell in Mid-July to August? Thanks!

I'm currently hatching blue Ameraucanas and Marans x Ameraucana olive Eggers. Just had 18 hatch today. Anyone interested, I am selling the Ams for $7 each and the OEs for $6 each.
Any that don't sell now I may still have in July or August as juveniles so check back with me. :)

Good morning folks
frow.gif

The school year is winding down. The college route ended
yesterday, the college base high school will end next week
and traditional calendar school will end early June. The kids
are gearing up for summer mode and it's not easy to keep
them from bouncing off the walls. I've only got to survive a
few more weeks and then I can rest for a little bit.
tongue.png

hope everyone has a good day
caf.gif

I got some mille fleur leghorn eggs in the incubator but got a few extra, (6) anyone want the eggs or can anyone hatch them for me? I KNOW the usps roughed them up, because the seller did not write "fragile" "eggs inside" or anything on the box, letting them know they had to be gentle. I will probably post them on craigslist tomorrow or tonight. I just want to have other local mille fleurs in case something happens to mine.

My experience is marked eggs are intentionally damaged. My marked boxes always arrive in the worst condition with the lowest hatch rate.

I've been outside Philly for two years now. Had to leave chicken breeding behind and so glad to be moving to rural NC (Leicester) in July where I can resume my programs. I'll be looking for local Marans and Ameracaunas. Anybody know they'll have either ready to sell in Mid-July to August? Thanks!

Hey haTHOR!

I have no idea where Leicester is, but welcome to NC! I'm glad you can have chickens again. All my family is outside Philly, so I've spent quite a lot of time there, which parts are you from? They all want me to move back up there but in addition to the crazy housing prices it's nearly impossible to find a township that allows backyard chickens! Are you looking to hatch your own eggs? In general, I've had the most luck doing it that way. I really like Marans. Best of luck to you!

So I just heard about this Mt Healthy salmonella outbreak? I can't find much info online about this, anyone know anything?

I have 2 chicks that are like 2 months old my kids got at TSC. They hold them all the time so if they had it I would think my kids would have gotten sick by now? Is that something you have to worry about going to other birds? I know adults can pass it in eggs, would chicks then grow up to have it in their eggs? Trying to figure out if I need to cull these 2 as a preventive measure? They seem fine...

Last edited:
So I just heard about this Mt Healthy salmonella outbreak? I can't find much info online about this, anyone know anything?

I have 2 chicks that are like 2 months old my kids got at TSC. They hold them all the time so if they had it I would think my kids would have gotten sick by now? Is that something you have to worry about going to other birds? I know adults can pass it in eggs, would chicks then grow up to have it in their eggs? Trying to figure out if I need to cull these 2 as a preventive measure? They seem fine...
smile.png
I know that I have 6 EE from TSC and they are have been extremely healthy and doing well. But they are about 12 weeks.

Leicester is right beside Asheville.....and for the record, the locals there pronounce it "Lester".

Good Morning all!!

Back
Top Bottom