North Carolina

Lawndale, NC

We're about 30 minutes away from Hickory.
Welcome neighbor!
frow.gif
We're not too far up the road in Vale.

We had great weather today... Unfortunately, I had HORRIBLE luck with trying to get my pens done... I'm talking crazy, unfathomably horrible luck! (Long story to follow, feel free to quit reading at any time...)
My circular saw started sparking while cutting MDF, so I took it to my father-in-law (a jack-of-all-trades). He showed me how to clean out the armature/commutator. Took it home, and it started sparking again, then smoking, then died. My father-in-laws saw was battery powered with a bum battery, so I called a friend to borrow hers. She brought it over... More sparks! I take it apart to find two plates are *missing* off the armature! She says "no big deal, I'll just go buy a new one". She comes back and we try cutting some osb with it. More sparks!!! She takes it back to the store and the guy says it's common for those (Skil) saws to have issues. So she buys a Ryobi. Brings it back to my house, and we try cutting 5 mm plywood with it. More sparks!! One of the plates of the armature is hitting the brushes wrong, and looks like maybe it's shorted.... Needless to say, I have NO pictures of a finished product....
I'm not even sure how it's possible to go through FIVE circular saws in one day! Or how it is possible that two of them were defective straight out of the box....
I'm starting to think the universe is against me building more pens... Maybe I'm not meant to fall for chicken math....
That's really bad luck. As they say, some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.
ep.gif

Didn't get as cold as it threatened last night, but that wind this morning...wow. It's what my dad always called a lazy wind. Too lazy to go around you so it goes right through you!

Chickens are all good this morning, rabbits were waiting for their morning treats, and the quail babies were all toasty warm.

Last day of my visit from kraftyladies, as she heads home tomorrow. We're heading to sunrise antiques in Dunn! Look out! Women on the loose!

Stay warm today

Never heard the "lazy wind" thing before. I like it.
smile.png

My last girl finally laid an egg yesterday...10 months old! Yea! Of course it was all the way in the back of the run, under the coop.
Cold, rainy, sleety run. Is sleety a word; sleety is a word now.

Tomorrow is the annual Dogs on the Catwalk here in Greensboro...always fun, and raises money for Red Dog Farm animal rescue, and the kids love it.

My last girl finally laid an egg yesterday...10 months old! Yea! Of course it was all the way in the back of the run, under the coop.
Cold, rainy, sleety run. Is sleety a word; sleety is a word now.

Tomorrow is the annual Dogs on the Catwalk here in Greensboro...always fun, and raises money for Red Dog Farm animal rescue, and the kids love it.
ya.gif

Didn't get as cold as it threatened last night, but that wind this morning...wow. It's what my dad always called a lazy wind. Too lazy to go around you so it goes right through you!

Chickens are all good this morning, rabbits were waiting for their morning treats, and the quail babies were all toasty warm.

Last day of my visit from kraftyladies, as she heads home tomorrow. We're heading to sunrise antiques in Dunn! Look out! Women on the loose!

Stay warm today!
Got some interesting and nice stuff there. Have fun.

I also like the "lazy wind" concept.

Just FYI, I just posted this in the Free Animals section...

"Hi, I have a very sweet and beautiful little EE hen named Pamela due to her large... assets! She is about 9 months old. She has what i believe to be pendulous crop and is having a really hard time managing it on her own. While I like her, I have too many other chickens to be able to spend the time and effort on managing this. I also can not keep her separate from the rest of my hatching egg layers and don't want to hatch one of her eggs. She would do great with someone who has the time to help manage it and would be ideal with a small flock for eating eggs only, probably NOT free-ranging in order to help minimize her difficulties. If she is not rehomed soon, unfortunately I will have to cull her, as I don't want to see her suffer due to this. Please help me find this sweetie a home!

I am north of Greensboro and will not ship her."

This makes me really sad as I like her and know that pendulous crop can be managed but have too many chickens to do that right now. DH votes to just cull her, but she really is a cuddly little sweetie.
sad.png

I also like the "lazy wind" concept.

Just FYI, I just posted this in the Free Animals section...

"Hi, I have a very sweet and beautiful little EE hen named Pamela due to her large... assets! She is about 9 months old. She has what i believe to be pendulous crop and is having a really hard time managing it on her own. While I like her, I have too many other chickens to be able to spend the time and effort on managing this. I also can not keep her separate from the rest of my hatching egg layers and don't want to hatch one of her eggs. She would do great with someone who has the time to help manage it and would be ideal with a small flock for eating eggs only, probably NOT free-ranging in order to help minimize her difficulties. If she is not rehomed soon, unfortunately I will have to cull her, as I don't want to see her suffer due to this. Please help me find this sweetie a home!

I am north of Greensboro and will not ship her."

This makes me really sad as I like her and know that pendulous crop can be managed but have too many chickens to do that right now. DH votes to just cull her, but she really is a cuddly little sweetie.
sad.png
Search chicken bra, might help you out. I have never used one but have heard of them.

Search chicken bra, might help you out. I have never used one but have heard of them.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think that would work great if I wasn't using eggs for hatching. I don't have the means to keep her separate from my other layers (and don't know which eggs are hers) and don't want to pass on her genes. Maybe someone else will be able to.

Back
Top Bottom