North Carolina

Hi all! If anyone is near Aberdeen and needs a rooster I have some! All about 8-9 months old and I hatched them ourselves. between me and the kids we have been around them everyday. So no attackers in the bunch! Hatching eggs were purchased on here, Facebook or Ebay, $10.

1 Double Laced Blue Barnvelder
3 Lemon Splash/Lemon Blue LF Cochins
1 Blue LF Cochin
1 Blue Partridge Brahma
2 Partridge Brahmas
1 Dark Brahma
Just wanted to ask what color eggs you are getting from your Barnevelders. I was considering them, but what I was reading was that the egg color has lightened, particularly in the US. Although I've already decided to stick to my Welsummers and just bring in new bloodlines, I'm still curious!

Just wanted to ask what color eggs you are getting from your Barnevelders.  I was considering them, but what I was reading was that the egg color has lightened, particularly in the US.  Although I've already decided to stick to my Welsummers and just bring in new bloodlines, I'm still curious!

In all honesty I couldn't tell you... Other than they are tasty :) All my chickens run together as I don't breed. I leave that to you professionals. :) I have two barnvelder hens but no one is separated and we gather an assorted color of eggs everyday. Beautiful feathers though! I got the barnvelder hatching eggs from something Microfarm... I'd have to look up the whole name. Are they a dark egg layer? I think I remember Welsummers are a darker egg rt? I'll have to read up on them again.

Roadtoaster I'm in Fayetteville and I'm hatching out silkies now, how many eggs are you like looking for? My hens are splash, white, partridge . Pic is of the roo

Anyone near Aberdeen have English orpingtons? Tried hatching some last spring from shipped eggs but didn't get any chicks. Would prefer pullets. Doesn't matter color, I'm not breeding just adding to my backyard layer flock. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom