North Carolina

3killerBs & Compost King - I I love going to Carolina Town & Country. I changed to them almost exclusively when we moved 20 miles further away from Lillington. Our property spans both Harnett & Moore counties and I,too, can go to Vass, Aberdeen/Southern Pines or to Coats/Erwin/Angier/Dunn.

Its nice to know that the Brass Kettle is still open for business. So many other smaller restaurants have permanently shut down due to current situation. I usually go to CTC after work (30 minutes straight up US 1 to HWY 78 straight across Horner Blvd to CTC from Spay Neuter Vet clinic just south of Vass). You were probably speaking with Amber, but they've all been learning "chicken speak" lately so it may have been one of the other young ladies. To the best of my knowledge, it's still Amber that orders the chickens. She's awesome to work with and can sometimes slip in a special order for chicks, though some aren't available...

You were probably speaking with Amber, but they've all been learning "chicken speak" lately so it may have been one of the other young ladies. To the best of my knowledge, it's still Amber that orders the chickens. She's awesome to work with and can sometimes slip in a special order for chicks, though some aren't available...

Since she commented about having accidentally ordered the same birds from two different hatcheries that must have been her. The service was splendid.

I have always preferred going to Aberdeen Feed over Tractor Supply or the Southern States in Carthage. It was great to find the same sort of knowledgeable, personal service in Sanford too, though we'll probably keep going to buy feed at Aberdeen Feed after visits to the grandchildren in the southern half of the county.

I was talking to a guy from Mississippi who does a homestead channel on YouTube (Deep South Homestead) and he told me we were fortunate to have choices of places to get feed in NC. I would hate to live somewhere that only had TSC. TSC feed is either very expensive or very poor quality (and still not that affordable). he didn't tell me what all his options were but in the conversation he found out about mine and let me know i was fortunate.

Me too, right in Salisbury where we can have as many chickens and rooster as we want. (unless you are in one of those historic or HOA neighborhoods)
Oh no way! Me too!!

You don't happen to want a rooster, do you? 😂

I rent, and my landlady let me have chickens, but one of my gold sebrights turned out to be a roo, and I don't think she'll look kindly on it as we're right next to a bunch of other rentals.

He's very calm and sweet, but LOUD.

Oh no way! Me too!!

You don't happen to want a rooster, do you? 😂

I rent, and my landlady let me have chickens, but one of my gold sebrights turned out to be a roo, and I don't think she'll look kindly on it as we're right next to a bunch of other rentals.

He's very calm and sweet, but LOUD.
I currently am not prepared for another bantam rooster, try to give him away on craigslist and if no one wants him I can build a set up here for him. I am currently trying to keep my rooster population to a minimum though and the only ornamental birds I am keeping are Seramas. They are so quiet that my neighbors say they can't hear the rooster I have.

There is a place in Statesville where you can buy feed straight from the mill at very low prices, I go once a month and get both chicken and rabbit feed. They have feed for many other livestock too. 4000 Taylorsville Highway in statesville.
IMG_4838 2.JPG

I currently am not prepared for another bantam rooster, try to give him away on craigslist and if no one wants him I can build a set up here for him. I am currently trying to keep my rooster population to a minimum though and the only ornamental birds I am keeping are Seramas. They are so quiet that my neighbors say they can't hear the rooster I have.

No worries! I plan to post him to CraigsList and elsewhere, but thought it was worth the ask. :)

Back
Top Bottom