North Carolina

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. I haven't decided yet if I should get any chicks now or if I should wait until spring when there is an easier market for them.
Welcome back in the chicken business.
frow.gif

I think you will find a lot more people interested in self sustaining life, now, and more aware of healthy food choices, than you did few years ago, so for those who want to enter this type of business, this rough times are a good opportunity.
As for me, I’ve only showed once, I enjoy it but I will probable not do it again, and once I get all the colors I want in d’uccles I will have a closed flock (no more buying or selling) except occasional selling chicks from my broody hens, since I loved having a broody hen.

Ya'll are killing me!!! I was on a few days ago and now it is on page 1008!!! HOW am I supposed to stay caught up!!!!
he.gif

I am feeling lost, I have no bread machine and everyone is making homemade bread.. oh well I guess my frozen dinner rolls will do.

Hope to be back on before Thanksgiving - if not Everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving!!!

edited to change page # uuugghh

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi stranger!

Hello Gavin, how are the new chicks doing? Do you have only silkies, or you got some new breeds? I see you are hooked on hatching
wink.png
, it's addictive is in did? I know, I can spend hours on the computer every evening looking at all this different bantam breeds and
droolin.gif
, but I give myself the max. no of chickens I should have and I try to stick to it.
My latest ones are d'Anvers from Boggy Bottom Bantams and I just love them. The hens have the sweetest personality.

Morning all
frow.gif

No coop work today. Finished the 1st 6 coops yesterday. I still have to put the hardware cloth on the doors. I cheated and bought pre-made doors at Lowes, they are just screened. I already have 4 coops occupied.
smile.png
We will break for next week since it is Thanksgiving and start back up the week after. I cannot have an unfinished project and have no place to but the birds. I will get pictures today.
wink.png

We welcomed a new addition to our family Wed., some of you know... I am a foster mom.
smile.png
Added a 12 yr old boy. He spent the day home with me yesterday getting a taste of chicken life and helping build the coops.
lol.png
Today I register him in school. My son is in heaven, he finally has another boy to hang out with. He is surrounded by a pack of women.
gig.gif
fl.gif
pray for us all and him. He is having a rough time, as expected. But I know it will be ok.
smile.png

Quote:
Beth he will be so busy with you all hopyfully it will take his mind off his troubles. What a wonderful place for youngins to hang out at and have so much love given to them from humans and animals.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom