North Carolina

That's actually not far from where I grew up! I went to Lewis Chapel before it was a middle school right down the street from you. I married Military and thought we would get stationed some place else but we are here for the long run. I'm glad the swap is postponed, I really wanted to make it out but with two small kids the weather has to be on my side!
What kind of chickens do you have? are you looking for anything?

Everyone: keep me posted on some full sized frizzles! I wanna get them and started before it gets too hot!
anyone know if the Sanford flock swap is still on?

I would like to know who was chasing the ball? and can we see it on video if it was you...
lau.gif
pop.gif
yuckyuck.gif
Sorry Miss Lydia, it was NOT me chasing the ball, nor DD but the chickens. You'd think they'd have learned by now that the giant blue thing is NOT something they can eat!!

NH.....you need to boil those eggs up and feed them back to the chickens. It is delish to them and super healthy !! I just boiled up 4 dozen yesterday, I mash them shell and all with a potato masher, the hand kind and they go nuts for them, grabbing a piece and running around chasing each other, it is hysterical. !!!

I am on it!! Never thought of boiling up everything...I thought I had to scramble them or something and was NOT interested in doing that. I am happy to hear that I don't have to do much...although, I guess I need to invest in a potato masher!!
gig.gif
Had my doctor's appointment today. I am measuring small (nothing new...I had a small baby #1) and have consistently had low platelet counts, so they rechecked my blood...BUT, I am all set to go on 3/27....you just keep praying for that day!! LOL...my mother likes that day as well and DH says it's OK, he'd prefer 4/1!! I'm sure DoubleA will be happy as our sewing class will not interfere with that and she will not be forced to break in her labor kit!!
lau.gif

NH, my dad had a broody hen that he kept taking the eggs from. One day he went to make sure that none of the other hens had gave the broody any eggs and instead of eggs he found two chicks! He thinks she hid the eggs in the corner of the nest box under the hay, as he picked her up everyday looking for fresh eggs.

bun.gif
You just made my day RF!! I don't know if this girl is going broody or not, but it is definitely a "new" thing happening in the coop!! Last night whomever had 6 eggs buried under the shaving and I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for a sole egg in the back that I scooped out and in doing so disturbed the "nest". Perhaps I will find someone sitting in a box sometime soon!! If not, I will just hope one day I walk in to the sound of chicks!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Uhg, ok, I have a problem, a pretty big problem. There are some ppl that live behind my SILs house on the other side of a cow pasture and they have guinnies (sp?). They just let these darn things roam where ever. My SIL says she has mentioned it to them, but now those crazy things are coming into my yard, all up at my run and plucking my flock! Short of shooting them, building a fence, or having to chase them off 5 times a day (cause it gets really old), how can I do to keep them away?

Uhg, ok, I have a problem, a pretty big problem. There are some ppl that live behind my SILs house on the other side of a cow pasture and they have guinnies (sp?). They just let these darn things roam where ever. My SIL says she has mentioned it to them, but now those crazy things are coming into my yard, all up at my run and plucking my flock! Short of shooting them, building a fence, or having to chase them off 5 times a day (cause it gets really old), how can I do to keep them away?

besides what you mentioned - nothing. Trust me I know personally - besides a dog who hates them, shooting them, catching and getting rid of them, shooing them off, or fencing them OUT of your chicken yard - theres no way to get rid of them.

I just called and he said "it's still on as of right now" but as we can all see the weatherman is changing the forecast almost hourly!
GAH!!! a meteorologist is the only person that can be wrong everyday and not get fired!

yuckyuck.gif
I just hope they don't cancel at the last minute. I don't have their phone number, would you be able to keep me posted if you hear if it gets canceled?

There will be a Flock Swap in Richlands (Onslow County) Saturday March 17th if anyone is interested. It will be at Onslow Grain and Feed.
I'm looking for some easter eggers. Hopefully I can find some there since I'm having zero luck everywhere else I've looked.

Back
Top Bottom