Not an emergency--wryneck question

LaurenRitz

Crowing
Nov 7, 2022
Kansas
I have a 22 week old pullet (not yet laying) that has wryneck. I just noticed that something was off yesterday.

I gave her two caplets of vit E, one squeezed into her beak but I don't think she got much so I made her swallow another one.

How long before I know if it's working? She seems to be eating and drinking fine, for the moment.

I have a 22 week old pullet (not yet laying) that has wryneck. I just noticed that something was off yesterday.

I gave her two caplets of vit E, one squeezed into her beak but I don't think she got much so I made her swallow another one.

How long before I know if it's working? She seems to be eating and drinking fine, for the moment.
I gave mine rooster booster poultry cell (it has selenium) it’s a lot harder to give then a pill though😂 mine recovered in a little over a week, but I don’t know if that’s normal.

It may take some days to see if the vitamins help. Was there any chance that she was head injured? You can just pop each vitamin into the beak to swallow daily.
No idea if she was injured. If she was, I wasn't aware of it.

After I dipped her beak she drank a bunch and then started gobbling down the food as if she was starving.

Back
Top Bottom