NY chicken lover!!!!

Think that train is circling around here too. The Wyandotte eggs shipped today, but need more to fill the incubator so hopefully getting RIR from Pharm and also bid on the Americaunas. I joined that FB group Tao, wow there are some nice/pricey ones on there.

I joined the group too. All aboard the crazy train. Picking up my 4 RBA auction today. I did get 2 blue birches Marans and a cemani. Also some Leigh fighters. We are still looking to move. Next week we look at a 6 bedroom house with 21 acres. Owner willing to finance. I'm not holding my breath though.

...And the Facebook page suddenly get slammed with hits from NY.
1f601.png
(I was already a member. Ha!)

I'm shipping a grown rooster - there is a specific box you have to use for the USPS. Any other tips??

Oh, I thought you meant eggs! Well, adult birds usually do fine. You can put in some pieces of cucumber so that they have something to eat and get moisture from on their journey.

Oh, I thought you meant eggs! Well, adult birds usually do fine. You can put in some pieces of cucumber so that they have something to eat and get moisture from on their journey.

Sorry I wasn't clear! Thanks for the cucumber tip - that's fabulous, I hate the thought of them travelling w/o food/water.
thumbsup.gif

I know but which breed lays as well as some chickens?  I think it's the Campbells. Am I right. TSC sells them usually. Or is it another breed. 

Campbell's lay more than production white leghorns. Duck eggs are actually healthier. I think I heard people that are allergic to chicken eggs can eat duck eggs. The Campbell's I had laid very large eggs.

Back
Top Bottom