NY chicken lover!!!!

Cortland had the Cornish Rock meaties, Red Pullets (large bin very full), Black Giants (empty), assorted bantams (they were SOOOO CUTE!), ducks and two regular size bins of White Leghorns. Come home with none, as tempting as those little bantams were. Both little girl and I enjoyed looking at them.
Yeah, I resisted also. Supposed to be getting eggs tonight from county boy and I still have a couple of NN chicks in the house that need to go outside when there's room. Might be bringing some chickens to the schuylerville auction next w/e or the w/e after that to make room for the newbies! =) (I'd put them up on CL but had some bad luck recently there with flakes and crazies so I'm gun shy).

I wish we could just get ONE day where I don't have my entire yard covered with snow. Thought it would be today but got more snow last night.. bah. Oh, and our maple trees aren't giving it up yet - a gentleman at work yesterday said we needed to be colder at night? Hope we didn't miss out.

My girls enjoying the 'tree' in the run. :)

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
You have joined a wonderful site much to learn from and gain insight... Hey I see you are in the fingerlakes area, my hubster and I will be making a trip down there for some Farm Swap thats supposed to be going on the 9th March

Regarding the fact or opinion topic, I wasn't talking so much about chickens, obviously, as I was today's politics and media. But I don't want to ruin anyone's day and would much prefer to talk about chickens!!!
lol.png

But as with any information / advice / "facts" .... it's really up to the reader to take what he or she has digested and if they care to, go fact checking for themselves. This applies to chickens AND politicians!

Hope everyone is having a good snowy weekend! At least we ripped the February page off the calendar.

TOB

Last edited:
Yeah a NY thread !!!! I'm excited!! I just ordered from MM I'm getting 17 + mystery chick.. Ill let you guys know what I have and am getting if you want when I get back. I'm walking out the door now.. ;)

:welcome     You have joined a wonderful site much to learn from and gain insight...  Hey I see you are in the fingerlakes area, my hubster and I will be making a trip down there for some Farm Swap thats supposed to be going on the 9th March

Not sure about the swap, I am not up on those things. Where is it at? If I can go it may be a good learning experience.

Back
Top Bottom