NY chicken lover!!!!

Woo Hoo ...Happpy Hatching ! What incubator do you have ?
You know that shipped eggs should set a day ? IS it 2 Everyone ?? Before you try incubating them
Something about cells settling or something like that
We built it! Big styrofoam thing with a window.
And yes, I read somewhere on BYC that they should sit for 24 hours so they can settle and warm up. The next 22 days are going to be an anxiety marathon! haha

What are you hatching?
I got a barnyard mix of Plymouth Rock, RIR, Brahma, and ameraucana. They said there will be mixes, pures, and sex links.
I know what sex link means, but I don't understand how it works tbh

Woo Hoo ...Happpy Hatching ! What incubator do you have ?
You know that shipped eggs should set a day ? IS it 2 Everyone ??  Before you try incubating them 
Something about cells settling or something like that

We built it! Big styrofoam thing with a window.
And yes, I read somewhere on BYC that they should sit for 24 hours so they can settle and warm up. The next 22 days are going to be an anxiety marathon! haha

What are you hatching?

I got a barnyard mix of Plymouth Rock, RIR, Brahma, and ameraucana. They said there will be mixes, pures, and sex links.

Happy hatching! B/c there's barred rock hens, if they have any non-barred rooster, then the chicks from the barred Plymouth rocks will be black sexlinks.

They're here!
wee.gif

All off them arrived shell intact!

Sorry for the crummy photo, I'm using my phone, and it isn't one of them giant smart ones

Happy hatching! B/c there's barred rock hens, if they have any non-barred rooster, then the chicks from the barred Plymouth rocks will be black sexlinks.
Ty! Looks like I should spend some time in the genetics section
clap.gif

They're here! :weee All off them arrived shell intact! Sorry for the crummy photo, I'm using my phone, and it isn't one of them giant smart ones Ty! Looks like I should spend some time in the genetics section :clap
Congrats! Happy hatching! I have eggs due to hatch this Sunday. More silkies. Plus I won an auction from GFF. Can't wait to see what breeds I get.

Basically at hatch you can tell if it is a boy or girl ..A male being one color and a female being another .
and you dont have to wait for 3-5 months to see what you got
Hatcheries / everyone likes them coz they are easy to sex
Example

these are my Cuckoo Maran Mixes ( Cuckoo Maran boys are barred.. girls are not)
Chicks with dots on head boys ..no dot girl - she takes after her Papa Lucky the Australorp so she is Solid black
Heres the Adults Cuckoo Marans

Congrats! Happy hatching! I have eggs due to hatch this Sunday. More silkies. Plus I won an auction from GFF. Can't wait to see what breeds I get.

Ooh, hatching eggs from GFF? What fun!

I'm a little behind some of you, as I set eggs this past Saturday. Just for a "test hatch", you know & because the broody hens forced me to!

I couldn't resist 4 broody hens & now there's 7! Yeah & it's not even spring yet!
There's two hens that share this nesting box at night, but tonight there was a 3rd hen in here!

One is Lydia (5yrs old this April) who's faithfully gone broody a min 2x a year ever since she started first laying as a pullet. Now, her daughter is repeating the trend, as I think she just came "of age" & is already broody!

I love it, but it's not like I can put them in a pet taxi or small coop out in one of the grass paddocks like I did last summer & fall.

@myfivegirls Wow! 7 broodies.

Just to clarify, I'm hatching silkie eggs from eBay, I'm getting chicks from GFF. I also have a few coronation Sussex, and Swedish flower eggs in the bator. Also more SF eggs on the way. I'm hoping to be able to hatch eggs from my own flock one day.

Back
Top Bottom