NY chicken lover!!!!

I might be able to come this year. Depending on how DW does. So be warned in advance.
lol.png

Are you going to wear your tinfoil hat?
lau.gif

$5 for lack of or too many toes, pink skin, and other faults. $10 for the more correct chicks. I do not list mine as show quality because I don't show and I have a partridge roo out in one pen with all colors.

I think your birds look pretty nice, definitely not hatchery birds.
Too many toes though,
ep.gif
like one extra wasn't enough? Lol! How many have you seen?

Hi all! Super new to BYC and the chicken world. I'm just starting with 9, one week old chicks. I'm just outside the Albany area

Are you heating your house with a wood stove? Maybe try to get home humidity up, pot of water on wood stove or cold humidifier? Are you sure the reading is correct? I ran 35% with no water added until lock down when I filled all reservoirs. Not sure if all incubators have room for wet sponges, always hear wet sponges, my Hova with the roller IncuTurn full of eggs no place for a sponge if I wanted to.

The first page on this thread there is tons of links to incubating and hatching tips/info;
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-w-sally-sunshine-hosts-bantychooks-and-more

This page tips on bringing up humidity;
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...chat-meet-new-friends/42500_100#post_16461300

Guess there is ways to add sponges etc, a shamWow (Lol!) to up humidity when room in bator is a issue. Egg cell size and or weight is more important than trying to keep a certain humidity. Seems all incu instructions say 45%-55% for setting, you'll notice those on here do not.

Great I've always wanted a shamwow! I have room for sponges. Right now it's holding between 30-40%. I think I will be able to get it up once I fill the last reservoir and and some sponges at lock down. I'm pretty sure it's reading correctly because I added a lot of water in there and it doesn't feel humid when I hand turn the eggs. Well see. If I blow it I'm making my silkie sit the next batch. She's way better at this than I am.

Back
Top Bottom