NY chicken lover!!!!

Well I'm glad everyone enjoyed my comments. Please remember my mother in law and some ex wife jokes are just for fun. Though I will admit to coming home and finding her gone. AND alot of my stuff from before we were married. She took my orange bell bottom pants! I'm much more mature now and don't wear orange pants anymore. I'm over it now. Her and the pants . They say marriage was made in heaven but so were thunder and lightning.
lol.png
Such is life. (in all fairness, it was both our faults. I hope she's happy. I know I am
lau.gif
).

Now as for changes in the coop? It's been three years since I started with chickens and I've made changes every year. I'm always thinking of an easier way to design the inside to make it easier to clean. Not too mention that Trylin has got me building two, not one mind you, but two new hoop coops.

One for my mixed flock and one for the new Barred Rocks from MO.

Now where am I going to keep the Silkies? Oh and the bantam brown leghorns. Ugh! This is getting out of hand.

Take care

Rancher

Anyone going to the auction in Adams ? If you are could you tell me where it is being held...looked for it on craigslist but I guess they took it down
hu.gif

Well, hubby asked which one of the funny looking "chicks" was the peachick!
lau.gif
I moved them to a brooder today & he saw them when he got home.

Him: "One of those chics has funny feet."
Me:
gig.gif
"Ummmm... that's because it's a duck, honey." <smiles sweetly, bats eyes> "Here, pet it!"
Him: "I like it's feet. How did it get here?"
Me: "Auction I figured I'd get outbid on -- impulse buy."
Him: "Oh, OK. At least the peacock has a friend."

And that was it!
big_smile.png
God, I love that man!!!!!
love.gif

glad he liked your new duckling!!!! how big is the peachick compared to the duckling ? i have never seen a day old peachick before. are they cute?

heres adams info for anyone who wants to go i answered ad on cl ad on wednesday this is what they gave me.

inside
chair provided
consignments start at 7:00
starts at 11:00
brad auctioneer
67 spring st adams new york 13605

i asked for real gps address

hope this is fun and interesting i have to get up early for this 60 mile drive for me.

oh found ad

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/grd/2391525924.html

Last edited:
Humongous, Colleen! hahahahaha! It looks like an ostrich! Between me & Sam, it's getting a lot of attention.
smile.png

I'm floored -- expected a bit more of a reaction from him. I'm glad he liked it too!

Quote:

oh went to tsc today they raised the 24% chick starter again it up to 16.29 my eyes almost fell outta my head it was 14.29 back in the early spring it was 13.89

i wish there was a closer countrymax closest one is cicero or seneca falls. i swear i am being punished for living out in nowhere. going to see local food mill about buying some bulk feed.

how much feed does every one use?

right now i am using 200 lbs chick starter and 150 lbs of layer a month.

going to have to some calling tommarow our feed store used to sell only laying mash. which is one reason i started going to tsc to get pellets for the ducks. plus our feed store is only open 8-5 and 9-12 on sat. closed on sunday. another reason i switched to tsc because i always was working. could never go now that i'm not working things should be easier. plus its a half a mile from my house which is a big time bonus.

The Gamebird starter from Agway is like 16 bucks. Ouch.

I bought bags of the Purina Flock raiser here this week because I had $2 coupons for them. But feed has just gotten insane, I was going thru about a bag a week, now its more. And i even sold (killed, whoops) a bunch of them too!

And ya think thats bad, I pay 15 bucks a bag for rabbit feed, I go thru a bag of that a day! I have about 8 does due here in another week and thats just gonna be silly expensive.

My husband's work is buying a building and moving to Lyons, and I am sooo very excited because now he can stop and buy feed at the mill for me instead! I think it usually runs about the same price there as at TS, maybe just a teensy bit more, but everything comes in 80 pound bags, so it works out to be about 25% savings. I stopped going when gas started going up and up, since its a 40min drive one way for me, so I wasn't saving much in the end.

Are they still putting Purina coupons in the Poultry press? For the rabbit feed they've got a thing where if you save the upc codes you can send them in for stuff, including a free bag of feed. Are they doing that with the chicken feed?

I had seen a rebate thing on Manna Pros website for the chicken feed, but no one around here sells it. They also have a $1 off any Manna Pro product coupon on their website, its good off anything they make and doesn't exprie til december, so I use those every time I buy food, I think the rabbit went up 3 bucks a bag since fall?

Quote:
Yes they are still putting the coupons for Purina in the poultry press .
I raise rabbits as well and I switched them to the size 16 pellets from our local feed store,they seem to like it alot more and sense it is twice the size of a regular rabbit food pellet they eat less in the long run.
smile.png
I pay about $14.00 for a 100 pd bag of that and it lasts awhile

Back
Top Bottom