NY chicken lover!!!!

I'm not having a problem either except when I go to backspace and delete.

This weather has helped me start my two new half coops. To bad there weren't a few more days of it. Really Thur. and Fri would be good. I intend to put my BO pair and the two RIR's together. Maybe work toward Red Orps.
One thing about us folks is we can't compete with the hatcheries, czu we can't hatch and sex all the dif. breeds. Even I've thought of ordering from the hatcheries instead of hatching, but it's 80-100 dollars and order every two years. Maybe less if I could order half as many. Still I like to trade out half the flock for newbies, so there is no lull in eggs. For me that would be 80-100 dollars a year just for chicks.

Who here is hatching EE's or Amers'?

I have some EE I am hoping hatch. They are in on day 9.
I got my brooder box ready but nothing started on the new coops...

Well hello there everyone! Finally got a chance to write something and glad to see the site is up again. Missing all you New Yorkers but not really the weather. Really miss our chickens but we finally have found a nice home to rent down here in Georgia and we will be able to return to our chicken addiction even if it is only a few chickens. Hope you all are having decent weather still. Bridget

Anyone live near Speculator? A friend of a friend is looking to purchase an adult hen of any age to keep her solo hen company (the rest of the flock was eaten by a coon, but she tells me the problem is fixed). She's asking me for one and I do have plenty, but most of my non pullets are either molting (I'd be embarrassed to send off a molting hen) or may not be the best for a 'solo' rehome since they are attached to their little cliques. She doesn't seem to care what breed. PM me! :)

We use Google Chrome, better now that I got rid of the ads on the right. DD won a new incubator and turner from Eggcartons.com. Holy cow! We are so excited. What a great surprise waiting on my porch. I am totally going to be a HATCHING MOMMA!

celebrate.gif

Wow that is awesome! My DH has already asked when the bator will be turned off..

Anyone live near Speculator? A friend of a friend is looking to purchase an adult hen of any age to keep her solo hen company (the rest of the flock was eaten by a coon, but she tells me the problem is fixed). She's asking me for one and I do have plenty, but most of my non pullets are either molting (I'd be embarrassed to send off a molting hen) or may not be the best for a 'solo' rehome since they are attached to their little cliques. She doesn't seem to care what breed. PM me! :)

where is spectacular? Great name!

Quote:
That is a good question. Does ANYBODY live near Speculator?
lol.png
Sorry, that is just kinda "out there". Not exactly a metropolis.
big_smile.png
Lol... Well, I think unless I find someone else out there I am just going to give her my two little white leghorn x pullets. Hopefully they will all get along since lone chicken is a "white layer" from tsc. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Speculator is north of Utica, maybe 1/2 hour or so. I have a buff orp hen, who I could part with. I go to Utica occasionally, actually at least once a week if she wants to meet me somewhere there. Maybe I can scrounge up a Marans as well.
Sue

Lol... Well, I think unless I find someone else out there I am just going to give her my two little white leghorn x pullets. Hopefully they will all get along since lone chicken is a "white layer" from tsc.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Nasty night last night. Our home weather station reported gusts to 65mph... we lost power for most of the night. I'm really glad that we made sure to built the coop right and tight so it's not drafty, now!

Back
Top Bottom