Of Feathers And Flames- A Wings of Fire AU RP

Shrike, not understanding the half most of the conversation Tobias was having, narrowed his eyes at the man. “What’s your deal?” He questioned in Dragon, “you dying or something?”
"Exactly." Tobias breathed with a cocky smile. He injected the serum with no problems just above Kapok's collar bone. He turned to Shrike. "Your turn."
Tobias popped the cap off another syringe. "It'll give you energy for tonight and counter any drugs." He took a quick step towards Shrike. "I know you'll be suspicious. You are suspicious. That's good. But you gotta trust me, man. It'll help. I promise."
@Blue Raptor

Last edited:
"Exactly." Tobias breathed with a cocky smile. He injected the serum with no problems just above Kapok's collar bone. He turned to Shrike. "Your turn."
Tobias popped the cap off another syringe. "It'll give you energy for tonight and counter any drugs." He took a quick step towards Shrike. "I know you'll be suspicious. You are suspicious. That's good. But you gotta trust me, man. It'll help. I promise."
@Blue Raptor
Shrike consented with probably the least amount of resistance Tobias had seen from him yet. He hunched his shoulders, bracing himself. “Fine,” he grumbled, “wont be the first time someone stuck a needle in me. So long as it’s not poison, shoot.”

Shrike consented with probably the least amount of resistance Tobias had seen from him yet. He hunched his shoulders, bracing himself. “Fine,” he grumbled, “wont be the first time someone stuck a needle in me. So long as it’s not poison, shoot.”
"Thanks, dude," Tobias said in a surprised tone. He parted the feathers, searching for the best injection area. "Relax." He whispered gently. Tobias scrunched his nose, shaking his head. "Um.. okay. I think- yeah, here we go," he pushed the needle in at an angle, injecting the serum directly into the dragon. "Nice work." Tobias pulled the syringe back, rubbing the feathers back over Shrike's neck.

"Thanks, dude," Tobias said in a surprised tone. He parted the feathers, searching for the best injection area. "Relax." He whispered gently. Tobias scrunched his nose, shaking his head. "Um.. okay. I think- yeah, here we go," he pushed the needle in at an angle, injecting the serum directly into the dragon. "Nice work." Tobias pulled the syringe back, rubbing the feathers back over Shrike's neck.
Shrike flinched and pulled away from Tobias. “Where are we headed after we get outta here?” He grumbled, flexing a wing.

Raptor flew low over the dunes of the Sand Kingdom and landed right outside of the large town of Possibility. She knew that further east lay the more human-controlled civilization, and the outskirts of the smaller western parts of the city were dedicated to the aristocrat dragons. The Sand/Ice hybrid strode cautiously through the open market, looking over vendor’s produce and glancing through nearby shop windows at the items for sale.
Almost everyone in town, humans and dragons alike, stopped trading and began using a currency produced by what rogues and rebels called scavengers. Raptor knew that dragons called humans ‘scavengers’ before their languages were introduced, but she also knew that they definitely didn’t like being called so.
Raptor picked out a few fruits and paid for them, heading towards the place she worked.

“Yeah, I can come in tomorrow. Is Kirou.. not coming in? Like, is he busy?” Pine, a LeafWing in charge of the cafe handed Raptor her paycheck. “No. He didn’t show up last Saturday either. Something must’ve happened to him, but he hadn’t told me anything.” “Oh,” Raptor ‘mmed’ sympathetically as she was ok the note. She was always keeping an eye out for potentially dangerous people or dragons in-town, especially NightWings, but hopefully she was just assuming the worst when she imagined Kirou getting kidnapped for some reason or another.
The Scorpion Den sounded like a nightmare, and her RainWing coworker didn’t seem like the type to get sent there, so Raptor hoped for the best. “Hopefully he’s just sick or something..” she said to herself during the flight back home.
The Scorpion Den was never talked about in good spirits. It was pretty much the embodiment of the word ‘dangerous.’

Shrike flinched and pulled away from Tobias. “Where are we headed after we get outta here?” He grumbled, flexing a wing.
Tobias glanced at Monzy, who was speaking with Eclipse. "I..." He frowned, repositioning his hat. "The mountains. That's what Monzy's been saying at least."
"Alright, people," Vel shouted, "gather round, idiots, gather round." Roe leaned against the massive gray RainWing, her hand on Sparrow.
The group congregated once again, forming into their little teams. Ferrin didn't acknowledge Tobias as he squared his shoulders, staring Monzy down. Gables nudged Tobias with his elbow, "Hey, man. Sol's safe. They made it out of city borders."
Tobias breathed a sigh of relief as Monzy pulled Roe into the center of the group.
"Only update- Tobe's group is larger." Monzy announced, running a hand across the back of his neck.
Roe cleared her throat. "Flint- arena."
A group of RainWings and humans made their way noisily to the door, weapons in hand.
"Marr- arena. Raee 1, entry B, Raee 2, entry C and A."
Tobias blinked, thoroughly lost as people and dragons shuffled across the lot.
"Kane- G12 through Q64. Ferrin 1, hall B, Ferrin/Fracture 2, hall Y."
"That's us." Gables muttered, turning sharply.
Tobias rushed to follow him, motioning for Kapok to follow. Something about the LeafWing threw Tobias off, especially since the dragon was mute. He felt responsible for Kapok. He wanted to protect Kapok.
"Tobias." Ferrin said, his voice deep and condescending. "Have you weapons?"
"Ruger."
"Ruger  what?"
Tobias cocked his head, "380."
Ferrin sighed heavily, jerking his gaze towards the door. "Good enough. Follow close."
Tobias glanced back at Dred, Kapok, and Shrike. "Ready, guys?" He licked his lips slowly, meeting every gaze, then landing on Kapok.

Monzy turned towards Eclipse, wrapping up his conversation with Ferrin. "Oh.. I'm sorr, Eclipse, but Sol's off already. Wus part of the err-lie crew. What's up?"
Eclipse felt her shoulders droop slightly. "It's nothing I just," she looked away. "I just wanted to talk to him. I needed to ask hi-" She broke away as Vel began calling the rebellion together. Monzy strode away toward the center of the lot and Eclipse followed, veering off to stand behind Tobias. She listened, completely lost as Roe began counting off instructions to other groups, and then finally, Eclipse's group started to move.
Eclipse quickly followed, pacing beside Tobias. "Shrike, Kapok, and Dred are in the team rally right?"

Tobias glanced at Monzy, who was speaking with Eclipse. "I..." He frowned, repositioning his hat. "The mountains. That's what Monzy's been saying at least."
"Alright, people," Vel shouted, "gather round, idiots, gather round." Roe leaned against the massive gray RainWing, her hand on Sparrow.
The group congregated once again, forming into their little teams. Ferrin didn't acknowledge Tobias as he squared his shoulders, staring Monzy down. Gables nudged Tobias with his elbow, "Hey, man. Sol's safe. They made it out of city borders."
Tobias breathed a sigh of relief as Monzy pulled Roe into the center of the group.
"Only update- Tobe's group is larger." Monzy announced, running a hand across the back of his neck.
A group of RainWings and humans made their way noisily to the door, weapons in hand.
Tobias rushed to follow him, motioning for Kapok to follow. Something about the LeafWing threw Tobias off, especially since the dragon was mute. He felt responsible for Kapok. He wanted to protect Kapok.
"Ruger."
"Ruger  what?"
Ferrin sighed heavily, jerking his gaze towards the door. "Good enough. Follow close."
Tobias glanced back at Dred, Kapok, and Shrike. "Ready, guys?" He licked his lips slowly, meeting every gaze, then landing on Kapok.
Kapok gave Tobias a small grin, cocking his head at the human somewhat inquiringly. Eclipse slid around him and fell in pace with Tobias, muttering something Kapok didn't quite catch. The Lunarwing was awfully strange to him--he'd never even thought such a dragon could possibly exist. He just wished that she wasn't always on edge with Tobias, and that the human could learn to understand her defiance. She had never been in the Scorpion Den before, and she'd only been there for a few days. It was normal for dragons to be snappy or aggressive during that time. If only Tobias could see that.

"Ruger."
"Ruger  what?"
“Ready, Mr. Tobias. Is this a kill fight?” He asked, not sure if that was an appropriate question or not. His wings had been unclipped and his fire had returned in full force, leaving him feeling the best he had in months. Long swirling red tattoos trailed down his body, making him even more intimidating then other Mudwings. His huge size meant he was the only dragon other then Kapok that Tobias had bought for strength and muscle, and he wouldn’t let him down.
Strangely, he felt an urge to protect the smaller (not by a whole bunch lol) dragons around him, his Bigwings instincts kicking in, not for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom