Ended Official BYC 2024 Summer Fair—Handcrafts Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love to paint 'kindness' rocks and place them for people to find as surprises. I make several of each theme. There's a local 'rocks' group on FB, and we write that on the back inviting people to post their finds, and, if they want, to re-hide them to see where they go next. The most recent post was one of the oranges, which made it to Oregon! It always makes my day when someone finds one of my rocks, and I hope it makes theirs as well. Your city may have a rocks group too!

View attachment 3889652View attachment 3889653View attachment 3889654View attachment 3889677
these are precious ❤️

Entry #1•
Handcrafted Cold Process Soap

Every year my mom, my sister, and I make gifts of cold processed soap, lip balm, and foot soak as gifts for friends and family for Christmas and other occasions. Here are a few photos I took of our soap. (This post is similar to @Elspeth Dinsmore's. She is my sister. 😁)
IMG_7732~3.jpg
IMG_7671~2.jpg

IMG_7712~2.jpg

IMG_7693~2.jpg

Ingredients:
Castor Oil
Coconut Oil
• Olive Oil
• Palm Oil

• Shea Butter
• Lye

• Distilled Water
• Mica
(for Dye)

Entry #1•
Handcrafted Cold Process Soap

Every year my mom, my sister, and I make gifts of cold processed soap, lip balm, and foot soak as gifts for friends and family for Christmas and other occasions. Here are a few photos I took of our soap. (This post is similar to @Elspeth Dinsmore's. She is my sister. 😁)
View attachment 3925375
View attachment 3925376
View attachment 3925377
View attachment 3925378

Ingredients:
Castor Oil
Coconut Oil
• Olive Oil
• Palm Oil

• Shea Butter
• Lye

• Distilled Water
• Mica
(for Dye)
These are lovely! I love handmade soaps ♡

This fused-glass piece ia an ornament created for a friend, in honor of her new grandson, Jack. This is my interpretation of Jack Frost. These ornaments take days to complete. The ornaments have layers of intricately-cut glass, take multiple fusing, drilling and embellishments. I like to add satin ribbon, glass beads and other small embellishments to some designs. I have created dozens of unique ornaments. The recipient of this ornament decorates several trees at Christmas. One is dedicated, solely to my hand-made ornaments.
Screenshot_20240822-224136_Gallery.jpg

I found a stash of photos that I hadn't watermarked with my signature stamp.
This one is a fused glass, ruffle-bowl created using a technique called "frit stretching". It was fired 3 times, at various temperatures to achieve the final piece.
View attachment 3926269
Amazing finished product! May I ask if glass is typically only fired once? What do the additional firings do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom