Official Pagan Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I've got a kettle of chicken soup going, I wish I could send some your way.

Native American's women do not participate in ceremony during their moontime. Not like in some beliefs that she is "unclean" but that she is more powerful at that time and may not be able to control that power.

I like that. So much negativity seems to have developed around a woman' natural menustral cycle that it is refreshing to read something positive.

Imbolic/Candlemas is the first of the 3 spring celebrations.

It is celebrated by many different paths. This is the day that Jesus was supposedly precented at temple. This was/is traditionally done 40 days after birth of a male child for a purification ceremony for the mother and a naming ceremony.

I personally don't know much about St. Brigid.

To me this is the first day of the "awakening" of the Earth Mother. Days are getting longer. Look around at the animals. Traditionally this is the time that many animals are reaching the end of their gestational period. Bear, and wolf cubs are being born. But they are still kept deep in the "womb" of the Earth Mother (in dens) until they are strong enough to leave.

The 2nd spring celebration is Ostara. This occurs on the Spring Equinox. (tends to happen around Easter and Passover) The Earth Mother is becoming more fertile soon new life will be springing forth. Flowers are blooming, trees are leafing out, more baby animals are seen. Rabbits have been a common theme because of fertility.

The 3rd spring celebration is Bealtaine-aka Mayday. The Earth Mother has reached full fertility. Now is the time of planting. Time to move the herds from winter pasture to summer pasture. The grasses have turned green and new life is begining to grow within the Earth Mother.

Now you have to remember, this is my take on the celebrations. I am an ecletic pagan who leans more towards Native American and Shamantic beliefs. I'm sure others here can give you more information on the Celtic and other paths of paganism.

Last edited:
Quote:
Native American's women do not participate in ceremony during their moontime. Not like in some beliefs that she is "unclean" but that she is more powerful at that time and may not be able to control that power.

I like that. So much negativity seems to have developed around a woman' natural menustral cycle that it is refreshing to read something positive.

In Native American tradition, women are held on an equal plain as men. Especially the "Grandmothers" those who are past the age of childbearing. Man sprang from the womb of Mother Earth and is nurtured at the breast of woman.

Many tribes have a "Moon Lodge" where women go during their "Moontime" to protect the rest of the tribe from her power.

Just wanted to remind everyone to show respect to others and thier beliefs..,. As we have all seen we each have our own take on beliefs.. Lets try to remember to not discuss openly any issues we have with any posts and if you feel that a post is going to cause problems please just hit the " Report Button" or contact Reinbuea... I think we have all done an amazing job at keeping free speech flowing without negativity.. I ask that we ALL do what we can to show others tolerance and not to judge them as we do not wish to be judged.. Thank you all and Many Blessings on this most Holy DAy....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom