OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I'm still feathering out the 11 I recently got before I let them out of the garage. Gives me time to build their coop and run.
My two Rouen that I got for a buck a duck at TSC are only about 3 weeks old and still fuzzy but they are doing just fine as they are a bigger duck and don't mind the cooler nights at all.

My two Rouen that I got for a buck a duck at TSC are only about 3 weeks old and still fuzzy but they are doing just fine as they are a bigger duck and don't mind the cooler nights at all.
I accidentally left the cage, that holds my ducklings, unlatched and they got out. They had the time of their lives wandering around my garage and outside onto my driveway. The funny thing was when I realized their escape, I went to gather them up and they just got into a single line and walked back to their cage all by themselves.

I accidentally left the cage, that holds my ducklings, unlatched and they got out. They had the time of their lives wandering around my garage and outside onto my driveway. The funny thing was when I realized their escape, I went to gather them up and they just got into a single line and walked back to their cage all by themselves.
So happy to hear that they are all safe and sound. I thought for a minute I was going to have to bring mine back inside. They were sitting together and I was concerned they might be cold. Once I let the other ducks out where they could see all of them they were up and about and splashing in their water that was cold and wanted no part in being captured to come in. So far so good but our weather is sooooo crazy right now. That's cute how yours all walked in a row and went back in their cage. You have your Ducks in a Row Knobby, good job!!! lol

What type of cage do you keep 11 ducklings in? My totes being the very biggest I could find were just getting too small for my big Rouen ducks.

I use an XL dog crate for the time being. They seem to be fitting in it momentarily, hence my urgency to complete my coop and run.
That's about how big this huge tote was that I bought. Rouen ducks grow so big though and I am not sure how old they are since I got them at the end of TSC chick days and they were letting them go for a buck which surprised me. I guess they let the chicks go for 50 cents a fellow that works there told me at the grocery store. He was trying to get me to buy them and I said No Thanks! I am up to 19 ducks that that is quite enough for now. lol Thanks for sharing with me, I just hated to see them so cramped that they couldn't hardly walk around between the waterer in it and the feed bowl. They stand a foot tall at least now and have some feathers but not too many. I figure they must be going on around 4 weeks.

Such a gorgeous morning already. Hope that the weather continues into the weekend so I can take the trike out for a ride. Wishing everyone a most blessed day today!
You also Knobby. The ducklings outside have all done good so that is a real blessing in itself. The buck a duck Rouen Ducklings are starting to look like drakes but still too early to tell for absolutely sure. Hopefully you got a lot of hens in your bunch. Have a Blessed day.

Speaking of little ducklings here is the first hen to hatch this spring, 4 others still sitting. She hatched 7 out of the 9 eggs I let her sit, they hatched 2 days ago making them 3 days old today
thumbnail (28).jpg
thumbnail (29).jpg
thumbnail (30).jpg
thumbnail (31).jpg

You also Knobby. The ducklings outside have all done good so that is a real blessing in itself. The buck a duck Rouen Ducklings are starting to look like drakes but still too early to tell for absolutely sure. Hopefully you got a lot of hens in your bunch. Have a Blessed day.
I really cannot tell the sexes of my Pekins or Rouen ducklings quite yet. All I know is that I need to get off my butt and finish off the coop that I am building for them so that I can move them out of my garage. Have I mentioned that they really are messy and stink?

Back
Top Bottom