***OKIES in the BYC III ***

So I am on day ten of my first attempt at incubating eggs. We candled and weighed them tonight. Out of the dozen Cochin eggs I got from Rebecca one had a blood ring but the rest look good. The dozen Spitzhauben eggs I bought at the Blanchard auction 2 had blood rings and 3 were infertile and all 4 of the Japanese Bantam eggs from my breeding pair look great. They go into lockdown the day before POOPS. Hopefully the rest of the babies will make it. I'm pretty fired up to see them hatch. I think I have found a new addiction!

very very addictive.mine has been running now about 3 months straight and while I have pulled out a bunch of chicks and keep buying more eggs, I currently have no plans of letting any of these go. Currently incubating turkeys!

What bator are you using?

Hello all
I'm not an okie i live in Oregon  and this is a long shot i was given a name in search of a trio of
show quality LF dark Cornish and was told to find Coral Hale said she lived in Coweta Oklahoma
said she might have what I'm looking for. any help would be greatly appreciated also if any one has some
that would be great to

Hey we have large Cornish. White, dark, white laced reds. We champion last yr at Shawnee. Res.champion two ago at national Cornish show. At Shawnee. If I can help let me know

So I am on day ten of my first attempt at incubating eggs. We candled and weighed them tonight. Out of the dozen Cochin eggs I got from Rebecca one had a blood ring but the rest look good. The dozen Spitzhauben eggs I bought at the Blanchard auction 2 had blood rings and 3 were infertile and all 4 of the Japanese Bantam eggs from my breeding pair look great. They go into lockdown the day before POOPS. Hopefully the rest of the babies will make it. I'm pretty fired up to see them hatch. I think I have found a new addiction!
Yep, and it is alteady too late to turn back. Don't say we didn't warn you.

very very addictive.mine has been running now about 3 months straight and while I have pulled out a bunch of chicks and keep buying more eggs, I currently have no plans of letting any of these go. Currently incubating turkeys!

What bator are you using?

I am using a little giant with the fan and turner to incubate and a little giant still air for hatching. I'm sure i'll want to get a big incubator eventually but these seem to be working fine and kind of control my addiction. I would probably be overrun with chickens if I bought a big cabinet incubator. I can't seem to control myself :)

Back
Top Bottom