***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hey for those who have noticed I have not been on the group here lately, I am still alive, I have had an issue with my dad and had to spend a week in TX with him in the hosp and have had my wife in the hosp twice in the last week, it has been the normal hectic around here, I wish someone would have told me the POOPS was being planned, would like to go!!! I know several are on my FB with me and several of you have my number, really wonder just how many others dont even know we are doing it!!! Can some one FB me or call me Or send me an email as to when and where it is taking place? Thanks, I would hate to miss it since I have been to all of them so far, also if you know someone that used to come, contact them and let them know, maybe they would like to go too!!! Thanks, Lynn
wee.gif
Lynn hope your dad & wife are doing better. I was going of memory trying to contact everyone who came last yr. sorry I didn't message you! I think of someone else almost everyday that hasn't been on in a while. We certainly don want you to miss poops. You have lots of pretty birds at your place!

Atwoods stores carry chicks from Ideal. Not all hatchery birds meet the standard of perfection, but do make lovely egg layers. The big hatcheries do flock breedings for quantity of chicks. I have been fortunate to get a few really nice chicks from the bins that have been great looking beside being good layers.

But I really like the heritage birds purchased from private breeders for both production and vigor as well as great looking birds. While they cost a little more, they also make wonderful flock members.

I got a couple of ducks and geese from Atwoods. I'm not sure how to describe a "nice" duck but they're good enough for me :)

Speaking of Tuttle....there is an ice cream festival coming up....mmmm ice cream......but is soooo far away from me.

There is an extreme cowboy race the weekend of May 18 in Shawnee. Anybody going to that?

You can feed the giraffes at OKC too.

The elephant demonstration was really good. They had the mom and baby elephant displaying the commands they been taught.

I've been to the Dallas and Denver zoos but its been awhile. Haven't been to the Ft Worth zoo. There is a wildlife sanctuary just past the Kansas border that I thought about checking out.
really i didn't know that, It has been a long time since i have been there.

Evening! I lost one of my hens Saturday or Sunday night. When I found her, her head was cut off and not bloody. She didn't have feathers missing. Does this sound like a skunk attack or ? Sure would appreciate any thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom