***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I know my next question is not chicken related but you all are so knowledgable! Anyone ever treated a cat with a UTI? He has had them before but it's $100 every time we go to the vet!

I got it! It has taken months but we are NPIP!

Congrats!!!!

It might just be chocolate. I am just learning about Chocolate breeding and some do hatch very dark.
I finally got some fertile eggs again from my Orps, (after 2 weeks of blanks). There were 2 and they both hatched and both look black to me. The chicks from my Cowetta eggs and from the very first eggs from my flock have a few that look like your dark chick. One is most definitely a dark brown though. It sure will be interesting to see what be end up with.

I may have posted this before but I bought a dozen light blue eggs, labeled Ameraucana,  at Newcastle auction that hatched out everything but the kitchen sink. I kept 2  - feather legged naked necks!

Mine look nothing like orps. One is a blue barred pattern, some look like ees, some look like welsummer, and 1 is white with some brown coming in on the wings.

I know my next question is not chicken related but you all are so knowledgable! Anyone ever treated a cat with a UTI? He has had them before but it's $100 every time we go to the vet!

Apple cider vinegar, couple ways to do it but the easiest is probably in some canned food. My dogs don't drink as well with acv. I've never had a problem mixing it with their kibble tho.

Check his cat food. If his food has fish meal in it, find him something else. Fish meal is a common cause of bladder and kidney problems in cats, and if your cat doesn't tolerate it, it can lead to much worse problems.

I always fed my cat solid cat food, but when he started peeing in the corners, I added canned food and took the lid off his litter box. I only feed him high quality food now with lots of fluids in the moist food.

So upset. When I gave my broodies the babies I wasn't expecting so much rain. Out of 18 babies I only count 9 this morning. I found 1 laying on the ground perfectly intact just soaking wet. So I'm guessing they're getting cold. I hate to do it, but with more rain coming I think it's time for me to take the babies away and brood them myself. I had put 3 blue laced red wyandottes, 2 lavender orpingtons, and 2 olive eggers out with the mommas and out of those I only have 1 lavender and 1 olive egger left.. the other 7 are cochins. 1 is a frizzle though!! And since I was feeling bummed about my babies, my husband sent me to a lady down the road who breeds chickens and came home with 5 more blue laced red. These will go with the surviving 9 babies in the brooder. Maybe next time it will all go better.

So upset. When I gave my broodies the babies I wasn't expecting so much rain. Out of 18 babies I only count 9 this morning. I found 1 laying on the ground perfectly intact just soaking wet. So I'm guessing they're getting cold. I hate to do it, but with more rain coming I think it's time for me to take the babies away and brood them myself. I had put 3 blue laced red wyandottes, 2 lavender orpingtons, and 2 olive eggers out with the mommas and out of those I only have 1 lavender and 1 olive egger left.. the other 7 are cochins. 1 is a frizzle though!! And since I was feeling bummed about my babies, my husband sent me to a lady down the road who breeds chickens and came home with 5 more blue laced red. These will go with the surviving 9 babies in the brooder. Maybe next time it will all go better.
hugs.gif
So sorry, it has been horrible weather for brooding outside for sure. I have 3 or 4 broody girls right now, I gave them 20 eggs between them all, I think they still have 17, hoping this rain will be more reasonable amounts by the time they hatch. I might even hatch one more incubator full since my hatches have been so dismal this year.

hugs.gif
So sorry, it has been horrible weather for brooding outside for sure. I have 3 or 4 broody girls right now, I gave them 20 eggs between them all, I think they still have 17, hoping this rain will be more reasonable amounts by the time they hatch. I might even hatch one more incubator full since my hatches have been so dismal this year.

ALLLL my chicks are still in wire bottomed brooders- I keep pulling out more at each hatch. Up to about 10 weeks old. LOL. I am NOT putting them on the ground with as wet as it is, I will have soaked, sick chicks every single day. And be crawling and chasing through the muck to teach them to go in their little coops at night. Hoping to sell a bunch at the Coweta swap tomorrow to make room for Sunday's hatch....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom