***OKIES in the BYC III ***

@Sooner Magnolia if I had to wager I’d say the rooster is most likely a Leghorn but I’d put more money on that they’re mostly mixes. Some of the white hens have some Delaware looks about them and the dark hens could be a number of breeds. Individual closeups would help but since they’re not your flock I’m guessing those would be hard to get.

The only thing I’m sure of is that one of them is a goat. :D

Thanks. Now that I look at it, that's not even the rooster i saw on the property (he was prettier and had some gray/black on him). Might be an old pic (I pulled it off Craigslist). It was interesting. First time I've ever bought chickens from a car dealer/auto shop. Didn't see the goat on the property, but they did have a donkey, 2 horses, 2 cows and some ducks.

Hey Oklahomies! I’m in Tulsa and my husband and I just finished this little run for our bird girls! Our yard is fenced in, but I wanted something extra secure for the ladies to hang out in when we are away and can’t be outside with them. The run gives them a bit of extra room from the coop and optional roosting space at night. We totally wrapped it in wire cloth and I sewed with wire to completely close any small openings. I’m hoping animals can not penetrate!!!! Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• B5149FC5-C0E3-45F9-80ED-593F504E6CB0.jpeg
    B5149FC5-C0E3-45F9-80ED-593F504E6CB0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
@Mylittledinosaurs Sorry no one answered. Honestly I don’t know of any regulations on the selling hatching eggs or baby chicks. When it comes to eggs for eating that’s another story altogether. There are license requirements and food safety guidelines that the state expects you to follow. Here is a link to OSU’s egg selling info sheet. It should be noted that you can sell direct to the consumer from the farm with no license or grading requirements.
http://pods.dasnr.okstate.edu/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-9521/FAPC-187web.pdf

Hey Oklahomies! I’m in Tulsa and my husband and I just finished this little run for our bird girls! Our yard is fenced in, but I wanted something extra secure for the ladies to hang out in when we are away and can’t be outside with them. The run gives them a bit of extra room from the coop and optional roosting space at night. We totally wrapped it in wire cloth and I sewed with wire to completely close any small openings. I’m hoping animals can not penetrate!!!! Let me know what you think!
can you get hotwire, are you gone for long periods?

I like your set up Ericepd. Hot wire would help but they should be safe as is. You'll have to start watching your trash so you don't atract the coons.

I like your set up Ericepd. Hot wire would help but they should be safe as is. You'll have to start watching your trash so you don't atract the coons.
They already eat the trash and anything left around the house. They haven’t seemed to bother the birds and I’ve seen no sign of them trying to get into the coop or run. These are fat city raccoons.

Back
Top Bottom