***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote:
I am glad you are catching them Betsy! DH has a friend who is suppose to come clear out our coyottes (he wants the hides--his wife even wants a coyote rug). I am personally scared if they clear out too many coyotes I will start having problems with coons & such.

Quote:
Oh Wow! So how many people are going to be your "New Best Friend"???
smile.png

Angela

Well, the concert is Thursday night and my DH doesn't want to go! (we did just see him last year) So I guess that means tickets are up for sale. Not the best seats but not the worse either. Sec 312 row f seat 7 and 8. Would consider trade if anyone had something I may want
wink.png

Hi Everyone
frow.gif

Hope all is well, been loving these recent rain showers.. have made a big difference in how everyone feels.. even the animals went bonkers when it rained... Course the grass just really sprang up green.. dont take much to make the ground happy I guess.

We got someone interested in our horses ... hope to make the sale official this Sunday... Our goat has been accounted for(Thanks BUSTER) and I may have someone else for our turkeys.. SO YEA!!! We are really getting things moved along nicely..

Today the kids and I are taking down the pallet fence and will be taking it over to PEACHES Palace for her to use...

We had the Realtor guy out yesterday and we appreciate his honesty and because of the in depth information we were given.. Jason and I are now prayerfully considering our two options.. Sell the place and take a big loss or rent it out a year and see how selling it next year might be... we will be making our final answer by the end of this week... so any prayers from you guys would be spanky and much appreciated.

Well I hope you all are doing well, we do think of everyone and already missing yall and we still have 2 months,3 weeks and 4 days till we are to report to Fort Drum.. but whos counting right.. lol!

JEANNIE

Quote:
I am glad you are catching them Betsy! DH has a friend who is suppose to come clear out our coyottes (he wants the hides--his wife even wants a coyote rug). I am personally scared if they clear out too many coyotes I will start having problems with coons & such.

Hate to tell the friend this, but those coyote hides right now wouldnt make a very good rug

old*cowboy :

Quote:

Hate to tell the friend this, but those coyote hides right now wouldnt make a very good rug​

Best to wait for winter, when they have their thicker coats.

old*cowboy :

Quote:

Hate to tell the friend this, but those coyote hides right now wouldnt make a very good rug​

I can't imagine desiring to look @ a coyote everyday! So is it the heat & drought that makes the hide bad now or would a rug out of coyote hide always be a bad idea?

Quote:
Hate to tell the friend this, but those coyote hides right now wouldnt make a very good rug

I can't imagine desiring to look @ a coyote everyday! So is it the heat & drought that makes the hide bad now or would a rug out of coyote hide always be a bad idea?

Like most animals teh winter fur is thicker, longer and finer with a layer of under down to protect th eanimal more which makes the rugs softer. there are also fewer pests on teh animals in teh winter months which improves teh quality of the hide.
Cow hides and such from summer are the same way and mae for thinner courser hair that fits tightly to teh finished leather not often very appealing.

Now I understand why trapping is in the winter! Honestly never been into hides so never thought about it. I am just wanting to keep them from eating my chickens! Think I am missing 2 cockerels today. They might show back up, but haven't seen them.

Got a girl that started laying today. Found a tiny white egg with a thin shell. None of my others lay white eggs Now the question is which girl did it come from! Had to have been from my Easter hatch, so should have a few dozen more laying in the next month or so.

Back
Top Bottom