***OKIES in the BYC III ***

So far we have received 3/4 of an inch of slow soaking rain! So enjoying the cooler temps. Hope everyone is getting that much needed rain.

The chicks that were supposed to begin hatching tomorrow have all hatched beginning on Friday day 18. They are in the brooder in the bedroom for now. There were 4 Bantams (two are blue Rosecombs) and three Columbian Wyandotte. That is the last hatch in incubator. The girls in the barn and breed pens are sitting tight still.

Many projects to work on this week while it is cooler. One project is to look over the 3 - 6 week old chicks and band those that I think are keepers for breed pens and then decide which ones go to the layer pen and which to grow out for freezer camp. Another project is to get the portable Bantam pens finished so pairs and trios can go outside.

Carl, bet some folks get some great birds from you. I love mine...not only pretty, but great personalities!

Robyn, fleas and their eggs in the house and carpets are killed by those Raid bug bombs. Sand fleas make visits into cooler areas like indoors when the temps outside become unbearable. We had an infestation in our barn several years back. They burrow down into the ground 12 inches. We actually had to dig out and replace the dirt in the barn because spray did not kill them. We then concreted the barn floor.

Glad you are getting some rain, hope we get some before it's over with. We do have cooler temps though, so hopefully the tomatoes will take advantage and set lots of fruit!!!! lol

This was posted on my FB and I thought it looked like a lot of fun for kids of all ages

998331_10201456746598622_653309519_n.jpg

1. Place hard surface underneath shirt to prevent bleeding

... 2.Use sharpies to create circular patterns on shirt

3. Once you have your desired design Drop alcohol onto circles

4. Wait for alcohol to completely dry.

5. Wash and then dry separately, as it will bleed a little.

The kids did this at a 4H meeting recently, they are going to enter the t-shirts into the Tulsa Free Fair. It worked great!

Had 3 lavender silkies hatch today!

Glad to know it works, I was thinking about gathering up some nieces and giving it a try. I was thinking about getting some canvas tennis shoes and t-shirts for them to decorate.

Here is another cool idea someone posted on my FB I am going to try, well likely get my husband to do for me since my lungs (asthma) really dislike finger nail polish remover.

6667_356823881106643_2008659131_n.jpg

This was posted on my FB and I thought it looked like a lot of fun for kids of all ages

998331_10201456746598622_653309519_n.jpg

1. Place hard surface underneath shirt to prevent bleeding

... 2.Use sharpies to create circular patterns on shirt

3. Once you have your desired design Drop alcohol onto circles

4. Wait for alcohol to completely dry.

5. Wash and then dry separately, as it will bleed a little.
that is awesome

I was wondering if this would work . I have an idea for an incubator if I put a heating blanketing the bottom of a storage tub, and put a blanket over that and a little bowl of water will it hatch eggs.

This will be some much needed rain especially for the western part of the state. May not be much but it's still better than nothing. I don't recall the prediction for the southwestern parts but I am sure it is welcome there as dry as its been. I know I appreciate the cooler temps.
We got a really good shower not sure how in the rain gauge yet we are in far SW OK and it is really needed here and the temps are wonderful all day it has been great . Could not ask for anything more than it has been today

Back
Top Bottom