***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I've got pullets for sale in Coweta, ranging in price from $10 up to $25, and ages from 6 weeks up to about 14 weeks. What are you looking for? It may be too far of a drive for you, too.

Rinda

I've got pullets for sale in Coweta, ranging in price from $10 up to $25, and ages from 6 weeks up to about 14 weeks.  What are you looking for?  It may be too far of a drive for you, too.

Rinda

Coweta is an hour and a half for me! Makes me want one of those chicken leashes so I can let it out on the side of the road for a poop break
1f602.png

I'm really craving a Salmon Faverolle or an Easter Egger though! Maybe a wyandotte of some kind

The article states that nobody was getting a chance to eat them. Egg production companies didn't have time to mess with roosters so they just killed the day old chicks. Some how now they have or will have technology to tell what sex is in the egg before hatching to eliminate this problem. I'm all for eating roosters but they weren't even getting near that point.

The article states that nobody was getting a chance to eat them. Egg production companies didn't have time to mess with roosters so they just killed the day old chicks. Some how now they have or will have technology to tell what sex is in the egg before hatching to eliminate this problem. I'm all for eating roosters but they weren't even getting near that point.

Exactly. The make a microscopic hole in the egg in a sterile environment and test a bit of amniotic fluid to see if the egg is developing a male chick or a female chick, then the male chick eggs are probably turned into dog food or some other use like that so they are only incubating female eggs for the remainder of the hatch. They are still killing the males, just at a much earlier stage. Arguably a more ethical stage. It's a perpetual problem with any food producing species where females are needed and males are not, or at least not in the same ratio (cows, etc).

I would be interested to see the numbers. I imagine the genetic testing would be expensive but maybe not so much if you take away the cost of the sexers, incubating male eggs, and disposal.

Hello beautiful chicken people! I haven't seen you guys in ages. I miss you tons. @NanaKat I have some gorgeous irises this year! Every time I see them I think of you.

Just logged on to let people know that the Ten and Two feed store in Skiatook just recently changed hands, and the new owners are wanting to offer the grounds outside their feedstore as a spot for a poultry swap! They'd like to do one on July 9th, and if anybody would want to help plan it, I know he'd be tickled plumb pink. I'd love to help, and will be lending a hand, but my job is keeping me swamped up to my ears. Coral said she'd be there. If we can get together a group of us, I'd be happy to bring some snackytreats for us peckish types. :D Let me know if you guys are interested.

Gosh, I sure would love to see some of you guys if you could come out on the 9th. I miss this community tons. I need to just invest in a real internet line, because the arthritis and neuropathy in my hands has gotten to the point where using my phone for posts like this is a real chore. I just got one of those bluetooth keyboards that I was thinking of trying out, but nothing beats a real keyboard. I see Coral at the Coweta auctions, along with MJ and Rebecca, and I just love seeing them so much that I look forward to that auction all month long. There ain't no peeps like chicken peeps!

Love you all,

Kelly

Hello beautiful chicken people! I haven't seen you guys in ages. I miss you tons. @NanaKat I have some gorgeous irises this year! Every time I see them I think of you.

Just logged on to let people know that the Ten and Two feed store in Skiatook just recently changed hands, and the new owners are wanting to offer the grounds outside their feedstore as a spot for a poultry swap! They'd like to do one on July 9th, and if anybody would want to help plan it, I know he'd be tickled plumb pink. I'd love to help, and will be lending a hand, but my job is keeping me swamped up to my ears. Coral said she'd be there. If we can get together a group of us, I'd be happy to bring some snackytreats for us peckish types. :D Let me know if you guys are interested.

Gosh, I sure would love to see some of you guys if you could come out on the 9th. I miss this community tons. I need to just invest in a real internet line, because the arthritis and neuropathy in my hands has gotten to the point where using my phone for posts like this is a real chore. I just got one of those bluetooth keyboards that I was thinking of trying out, but nothing beats a real keyboard. I see Coral at the Coweta auctions, along with MJ and Rebecca, and I just love seeing them so much that I look forward to that auction all month long. There ain't no peeps like chicken peeps!

Love you all,

Kelly
I'll bring a big cooler with ice, water, and drinks for people who set up and bring birds. My treat!

Lost a little RIR pullet to the heat today. Brought her in when I saw that she was stressed, but it was too late. She's always been on the small side. She was a friendly little one.

I'll bring a big cooler with ice, water, and drinks for people who set up and bring birds.  My treat!  

Lost a little RIR pullet to the heat today.  Brought her in when I saw that she was stressed, but it was too late.  She's always been on the small side.  She was a friendly little one.  
sorry for your loss. It was brutally hot today and looks like it's not changing anytime soon.

I'll bring a big cooler with ice, water, and drinks for people who set up and bring birds. My treat!

Lost a little RIR pullet to the heat today. Brought her in when I saw that she was stressed, but it was too late. She's always been on the small side. She was a friendly little one.
I'm so sorry! I lost one yesterday and it was horrible. I lost Winniedot, the one that hatched the two chicks and was such a great mother. I had to go catch the two chicks, and they're practically feral. Poor babies were looking everywhere for their mom at bedtime. :(

Back
Top Bottom