***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Gosh darn you @artsyrobin I was looking at my unread PMs and saw this one. You made me cry all over again. I still miss that girl.

Gosh darn you @artsyrobin I was looking at my unread PMs and saw this one. You made me cry all over again. I still miss that girl.

i ache with you, i have lost too many lately, i hope it helps even a little bit

@Poco Pollo i am so sorry about lsing the girl, i hate summer, the heat is so hard on them!

Thank you @artsyrobin and @Kyzmette

I'm going to miss that little RIR. She was a talker. I've got ice jugs out. The juveniles were sitting on theirs, and the hens were shouldering theirs. The piggies look like some lost tribe with their full-body mud paint. At least they're staying cool.

Thank you @artsyrobin and @Kyzmette

I'm going to miss that little RIR. She was a talker. I've got ice jugs out. The juveniles were sitting on theirs, and the hens were shouldering theirs. The piggies look like some lost tribe with their full-body mud paint. At least they're staying cool.

How very sad! It is getting hot out there and only going to get worse. Do check on your feathered friends and make sure there is plenty of cool water. Best Wishes all.

Tuesday I butchered six lf and 3 bantam roosters. Canned 6 quarters of meat. Six quarts of broth and put 12 meaty legs in the freezer.
Now I'm in Florida with my sisters for the next 9 days. See my dad Thursday and will be near Key Largo area until Friday week.
Hubby is tending the flock until I return.

Tuesday I butchered six lf and 3 bantam roosters. Canned 6 quarters of meat. Six quarts of broth and put 12 meaty legs in the freezer.
Now I'm in Florida with my sisters for the next 9 days. See my dad Thursday and will be near Key Largo area until Friday week.
Hubby is tending the flock until I return.
Have a wonderful time. My sister lives in Sanford. She says the weather is perfect.

For those who lost chickens yesterday due to the nasty double digit heat index, I'm sorry for your loss. I hope no one loses any more. My own were borderline heat stroke, and I worried about them all day. I eventually decided to give them one of those big flat sided juice bottles full of water that I had in the freezer. They huddled around, stood, and sat on it still panting their little hearts out. I think we're going to buy a misting attachment for our hose when we go get their feed today. I hope it will help.

Back
Top Bottom