Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
While I would prefer that an auction not last more than about 4 hours, an auction that includes poultry and is over in less than 2 hours is hardly worth driving any distance to attend.

Trust me I know! We at least made out with some fencing. 40 bucks a roll for 4 x 2 100 ft long welded wire.

Here they are. What are we.

13227_063.jpg

Teeny crows crack me up.... Mr. Squeaky doesn't crow much only when they are out of the run....otherwise Rex comes over and tries to put a dent in his day....

It's day 20 for the bator....silence......

My hens are stealing crumbles from my chicks....does that mess up the eggs for sale?

Quote:
Did they settle in good already? Lynn didnt give you too much crap about the 10 dollar thing did he? LOL.... I told Carl about it last night and that I would never have to worry about that from him since Im always telling him no.

No he didnt give to much grief. He likes to pick on me. Yep put them in the middle brooder for now. Got to build them a pen sometime. The hawks and crows would carry them off real quick if I left them to run loose.

Welcome Donna. Yea what kind of banties do you have.

Quote:
OOHHH! Pyromaniacs! Cool! Mike built a fire once that was so big the neighbors called the County Mounties.....It was tall...It was in the fall, and it was chilly. I cracked a red wine and we just sat out and watched it for hours... it was fun ... peaceful and realxing.... once the cops left...
lau.gif
gig.gif

old.gif
While I know a lot of things may happen at Falls Creek that shouldn't, there is a common misconception that because it is a church camp every kid there is a model Christian. (and even those aren't always good)
Our chucrch which is not near as big as many other Baptist churches, typically takes around 100 kids to camp. Some take three hundred or more.
Of all these kids, I would say around half aren't kids that go to church on a regular basis or even at all. They are what I call fringe kids and are the ones that need to be at Falls Creek or any church camp the most.
They are the ones that usually, (but not always) do the things they shouldn't at church camp, or anywhere else for that matter.
But these kids and others like them are those that need to hear the good things that are taught at places like Falls Creek.
On any given week of the eight weeks of campat Falls Creek there will be over 6000 campers and sponsors there.
It is a monumental task to know what is going on with all of them all of the time.
So while there are many rules and tight security things still happen when you put thousands of teens in one setting.
The thing that disturbs me is that a lot of very very good things happen at church camps but sometimes it is the negative things that are remembered.

OK I just fell off of my soap box so I will shut up.
duc.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
OOHHH! Pyromaniacs! Cool! Mike built a fire once that was so big the neighbors called the County Mounties.....It was tall...It was in the fall, and it was chilly. I cracked a red wine and we just sat out and watched it for hours... it was fun ... peaceful and realxing.... once the cops left...
lau.gif
gig.gif

We have never had the cops called on us but our neighbor likes to come down everytime to make sure we have it under control. I always laugh at him. I understand wanting to make sure you house isnt in the path, but jeez, we have been neighbors for 10 years. We have the garden hose and 2 to 3 shovels out there everytime we make a fire. A little faith would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom