Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey what do you guys do when you have a "project pair" of chickens, as far as where to keep them. Jonah was given two pairs of bantams that are show quality so we want to keep them where we know their eggs are pure. We have open rabbit hutches that are big enough, but all our other birds free-range during the day. and I hate to limit these to a small hutch. I do have an a-frame, but right now I'm keeping several young roosters there and it doesn't have a nesting box. What have you built for such projects?

Amber since they are bantams you could take a wooden pallet and make them a nice little breeding pen for them with those and you could use a milk crate for a nest box and just foo foo it up to your liking

Quote:
I built a small cage 3" wide 2" tall 8" long, Door on top, open on 1 end.I built a house with a nesting box and 1 board across the width of the huose 4 a roots. You can use a screen door latch on each side to keep them attached if you want. My 3 mo old bantam cochins love it.

Mjgigax,Sam is about twenty-five pounds,just a tad smaller than a cocker spaniel.most of the minis I have seen are more skinny built. I think he is just about the best I've seen.Has the great Aussie personality and energy! He is going to be a fun guy .
Those were some nice looking birds in the pics.I like anything in mottled!

Come on Teach give us a run down on what all you got,you can't just leave us hanging like that!lol

Great pics everyone, looks like everyone had a great time and made some scores
thumbsup.gif

Those feathers on that barred rooster were cool.

My eyes are about to cross, I'm taking a break from researching dishwashers. We have a Bosch (piece of junk) we bought about a year ago and have had nothing but trouble w/ it, after Lowes couldn't get anyone to fix it, and since we bought the extra warrenty they are sending us a gift card to get another one. So I've been trying to research which one to get, but most "professional ratings sites" want money and the consumer rating sites are all over the place every model I looked at no matter what had about equal of those who hate it and love it!
hu.gif
So countless hours of looking and I am no closer to even narrowing it down,
th.gif
he.gif
except that it WON'T be a Bosch!!!!

Quote:
research who makes the brand, there are only a few that actually make them but sold under many names. Whirlpool and kenmore are the same. The makers of Westinghouse I know makes at least 3 brands.

Quote:
I have his phone number and his email address. PM me if you want them.

I have his cell number but I don't have his email , so ill pm u in a few I gotta drive home

Do tou Know where Yerry Britt is from. I talked to someone from Ft Smith area, but I can't remember his name.I was looking for a plue Orp rooster, but have decided to get a black and produce my own blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom