Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread

My two chicks have hatched and another egg is peeping!

The chick that hatched three days ago finally has freinds!

Wonderful!!

My Cinnamon hatched out three babies. Looks like two male Bielefelders and Lav Amer.

LL

My two chicks have hatched and another egg is peeping!

The chick that hatched three days ago finally has freinds!
Cool!

Wonderful!!

My Cinnamon hatched out three babies. Looks like two male Bielefelders and Lav Amer.

LL
Nice!
The pullet in the bucket nest had 12 of 13 eggs hatch! They started hatching late Thursday, instead of late Friday like I thought.
This pullet hatched 12/13 again!
0.jpg

Olive is soooooo happy in her broody condo. She has 8 of the 10 eggs developing as of last check. Fortunately all 5 of the olive eggs looked to be developing, only 2 of the dark brown eggs were fertile (not sure what that is about) and 1 of the red brown. 2 dark browns were toss outs. So I should have 5 black chicks, 2 that could be black or blue, and 1 that will be brown chipmunk.

I am picking up 6 Cream Legbar eggs tomorrow to set under my bantam Cochin who is definitely in a good brood. Her coop mate, a young Silkie pullet (ViVi), is not quite sure what to do, but doing her best to mimic Rosie.

Since I am only able to get 6 CL, I will definitely just use Rosie and let Olive finish out her clan in the coop condo.

I won't make an Easter hatch, but I'll have the week before and week after if all goes well.

LofMc

Last edited:
Olive is soooooo happy in her broody condo. She has 8 of the 10 eggs developing as of last check. Fortunately all 5 of the olive eggs looked to be developing, only 2 of the dark brown eggs were fertile (not sure what that is about) and 1 of the red brown. 2 dark browns were toss outs. So I should have 5 black chicks, 2 that could be black or blue, and 1 that will be brown chipmunk.

I am picking up 6 Cream Legbar eggs tomorrow to set under my bantam Cochin who is definitely in a good brood. Her coop mate, a  young Silkie pullet (ViVi), is not quite sure what to do, but doing her best to mimic Rosie.

Since I am only able to get 6 CL, I will definitely just use Rosie and let Olive finish out her clan in the coop condo.

I won't make an Easter hatch, but I'll have the week before and week after if all goes well.

LofMc

Sounds like you are well on the way to a busy spring! Fingers crossed that their hatches go well!

Back
Top Bottom