OMG!!! what a phone call!!!

Hahaha, that is so silly! What a prankster that neighbor is.
wink.png

My back woods neighbors have been much the topic of discussion on BYC, but one fun thing I like to do with them is ask them if it's true that turkeys will drown from staring up at the rain. I could watch them debate it for hours.....pure entertainment.
big_smile.png

Reminds me of my 90 yr old FIL advice to NEVER feed watermelon to my birds.....
I told him I've always given it to them, never bothered them before.
"It'll give em' the sorehead"
old.gif

I (foolishly) asked what the sorehead was...

"If you feed them watermelon, they get it on their forehead. The other chickens see it and try to peck it off. The pecking makes their heads sore"
barnie.gif

smack.gif
I know better than to listen to him...

LMAO!!!! I think I might pass the traffic control one and the watermelon one to her, see what she says LOL....hehehehehe.

Quote:
If raw beans were toxic most of my chickens and other livestock would be dead. We used to feed bean straw to the goats every year. It had quite a few pinto beans in it. Both the goats and chickens would pick through it and eat the beans. Beans are legumes and they are not members of the nightshade family. Raw potatoes are fine. Just don't feed the foliage or potato skins that have green on them.

If you ever saw a bean laden chicken explode, you wouldn't be making mirth. Saw it happen once right in the midst of a flock of drowning turkeys. Honest!

Back
Top Bottom