Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

I am in the process of putting some of the rows together and if nothing I just ordered online will work, I can then take it with me to do just that. Thank you, Sumi. Check out the other thread, too. I am very pleased with the teal and rose quilt I finished recently. It's now living with its new owner, who thinks it turned out as pretty as I do. I love it when others think my efforts were worth it, don't you?

You are a pretty great quilter yourself! You ought to post your latest Cathedral Windows quilt, or I will just do it for you here, if you don't mind. I remember the other one you did a couple of years ago, wasn't it with oranges or something like that? I may be remembering wrong.
Thank you, Cyn, yes I agree, it is nice when others appreciate your hard work! I did make an orange and green one about 2 years ago and a blue one that went to a BYC member in the States and now mine (finally one for me!) is nearly done
smile.png

I can't remember if I showed you the blue one. I have an early pic from when I started putting it together (it ended up a full double bed size)

She sure is! She just Pm'd me a gorgeous quilt she's done. It has some real visual punch!

ETA: Walmart is very slow to get new fabrics right now so I ordered a few things from Thousands of Bolts. You pay shipping but if you divide if over the number of items you buy, especially if they're on sale, it's not bad at all. And their prices are very good for the quality of fabric they have.
Thank goodness I can't order fabric online… I go crazy enough in the shops!

Thank you, Cyn, yes I agree, it is nice when others appreciate your hard work! I did make an orange and green one about 2 years ago and a blue one that went to a BYC member in the States and now mine (finally one for me!) is nearly done
smile.png

I can't remember if I showed you the blue one. I have an early pic from when I started putting it together (it ended up a full double bed size)

Very pretty Sumi! Are the squares filled with something? They look puffy. Very nice!

Thank you, Cyn. Doesn't quite match your creations yet, but I'm happy with them
smile.png
It's hard to believe not 10 years I only sewed when I had to. Now I do it for fun?

Debby, yes, batting, but not a thick one. Maybe 4mm thick. It pads the quilt enough and it's surprisingly warm.

Thank you, Cyn. Doesn't quite match your creations yet, but I'm happy with them
smile.png
It's hard to believe not 10 years I only sewed when I had to. Now I do it for fun?

Debby, yes, batting, but not a thick one. Maybe 4mm thick. It pads the quilt enough and it's surprisingly warm.

Not only would the batting make it warm, it adds a nice "look" to the quilts. I like your choice of fabrics too.

I don't do quilting (and very, very little sewing any more) but I want to show off my newest quilt purchase!

It's my new favorite! And wonderfully made by a certain someone here on this thread, lol.

It's beautiful!

It really is...I love it.

One of the things I enjoy most about it is the birds...I grew up with lots of wild song birds around and don't see many of them here in WY so it's wonderful to have them in quilt form.
smile.png

I don't do quilting (and very, very little sewing any more) but I want to show off my newest quilt purchase!

It's my new favorite! And wonderfully made by a certain someone here on this thread, lol.
Wow, wonder who could have done that? I love that bird fabric, so cheerful! I actually found a small piece in my scrap tub and used it in one of the little heart blocks on my current project. I just LOVE bird fabrics and not just chickens, either! My SIL bought this one from me awhile back:

Back
Top Bottom