Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
I used some cute airplane fabrics paired with coordinating stuff from my stash to make this baby quilt/wubbie for a little boy. I still need a border of some kind, but not sure I have what I need for that. Easy peasy little quilt, just 6.5" squares.
DSC00709.JPG

That is perfect for a little adventurer!
Thanks. Just needed a simple project to get me back in the mood again. Someone on my YouTube channel requested that I do a video on how to free motion quilt. If I can set up my camera, I may try it soon, but I'm certainly no expert. It takes so much practice and I can't practice for them. They just have to jump in like I did.

I finally quilted it and have the binding ready to whipstitch on the back, but it was hard getting into the rhythm again. Maybe someone is having a little boy in the spring and will want this quilt or want to give it to someone else.

DSC00823.JPG
DSC00824.JPG
I need a project for my historic fabrics for the next thing.

Such a cute quilt for a little boy! I like the outer trim, finishes it off perfectly!

Thank you, Karen. I like that binding fabric especially for that job so I am going to just make binding out of the rest of what I have of it for small projects. I also have it in a different colorway, purple/pink. When I first began quilting, I used the commercial bindings, but they are poly/cotton, very cheap fabrics. I still have some packages from when I got a bunch for half-price many years ago and for small stuff, I pull them out to see if I have a color that will work, but making the binding from good quality cotton just makes a superior binding.
I had some trouble getting my rhythm, kept having to stop and come back to it later, which is crazy for a project this small, but after a summer hiatus, I guess that's natural. I felt like I was slogging through molasses at times when doing the free-motion.

Back
Top Bottom