Options for enclosed run

Wood chip covered slabs or wood chip covered sand and gravel?

• Wood chip covered slabs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Reeges49er

Hatching
Apr 3, 2020
Hi knowledgeable folks,
We are currently building an enclosed run for our 3 chickens. We have a couple of options regarding the run floor and it’s be great to get some opinions to help us decide which to go for. I’m the picture you can see the current floor which is sand and gravel where the slabs were originally layed on. We could just cover the sand with wood chip, then use the slabs to improve access to the outside of the enclosure across the garden. Or re-lay the slabs and cover in wood chip. Which do you think would be preferable/ easy to clean etc...? It’s no stress either way! 😃
ECD8075B-62F4-4B05-ADF7-EFFB416EB398.jpeg

Hi knowledgeable folks,
We are currently building an enclosed run for our 3 chickens. We have a couple of options regarding the run floor and it’s be great to get some opinions to help us decide which to go for. I’m the picture you can see the current floor which is sand and gravel where the slabs were originally layed on. We could just cover the sand with wood chip, then use the slabs to improve access to the outside of the enclosure across the garden. Or re-lay the slabs and cover in wood chip. Which do you think would be preferable/ easy to clean etc...? It’s no stress either way! 😃
View attachment 2079881
I should have mentioned that the run is well sheltered and will have a polyplastic roof so should stay pretty dry.

I would not relay the pavers, use them somewhere else.
Mae sure your roof rains away from run area...and look for any other run-off going in to run.

Back
Top Bottom