Order Up. Toaster oven Hatch-A-Long

IMG_4357.png

Okay I just went through all 11 pages. Am I the only one wondering how you turned a toaster oven into an incubator!? How interesting! Please tell me more about it! I mean, I don't think left to my own devices I could make one that would work better than my NR360🤣 But I am interested in some cliff notes explaining this better! Are the oven burners doing the heat!? Super cool idea, I'm so curious!

Good morning eggies! Are you all "toasty" warm this morning? 🤣 Time to rise and shine!

Greeting Good Morning GIF by JellaCreative
Yep they are staying toasty warm here is a govee report from start until current. Pretty stable I think. The was a little blip that looks too warm for a couple hours but it was simply thermometer placement egg shell temperature have been just under 99 on the cold side and 101 and change at the hottest when measured with an infrared medical thermometer

Attachments

• IMG_4366.png
    IMG_4366.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 2
Okay I just went through all 11 pages. Am I the only one wondering how you turned a toaster oven into an incubator!? How interesting! Please tell me more about it! I mean, I don't think left to my own devices I could make one that would work better than my NR360🤣 But I am interested in some cliff notes explaining this better! Are the oven burners doing the heat!? Super cool idea, I'm so curious!
Here is a thread that shows some behind the scenes pictures. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-diy-incubator-test-run.1585106/

That is a bit outdated but it’s the best I have at the moment. Since then I have changed the light bulbs out for a 45 watt soldering iron because I felt the chicks were getting stressed from the flashing light. The lights would come on and they would wake up the 3 or 4 minutes later it would cycle off and they would sleep for a couple minutes until the light came back on.

I also cut and attached several styrofoam plates to the walls to insulate it and hold the heat in. It was colder around the edges than I wanted it to be.

If this hatch goes well I will get some updated pictures and add them to the original incubator thread.

Here is a thread that shows some behind the scenes pictures. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/my-diy-incubator-test-run.1585106/

That is a bit outdated but it’s the best I have at the moment. Since then I have changed the light bulbs out for a 45 watt soldering iron because I felt the chicks were getting stressed from the flashing light. The lights would come on and they would wake up the 3 or 4 minutes later it would cycle off and they would sleep for a couple minutes until the light came back on.

I also cut and attached several styrofoam plates to the walls to insulate it and hold the heat in. It was colder around the edges than I wanted it to be.

If this hatch goes well I will get some updated pictures and add them to the original incubator thread.
Thank you! That is so cool! I love being innovative and making things. I believe an incubator would be a bit beyond my skill set but I'm very fascinated by yours! Got me thinking though since microwaves have a turning plate I wonder if you could disable the microwave part and do something similar and have a turner! If you're a skilled electrical tinker of course, which I am not lol

Now I can't get my mind off of it! It's insulated has a turner a light and has a fan too! Seems it would be perfect if you could just disable the microwave part. Thank goodness I am not good enough with electronics or I would be derailed for the next week and the kids popcorn days would be over 🤣

Back
Top Bottom