Oregon

Breeder stock is more likely to go broody. ;) The hatcheries tend to breed the broodiness out of their lines, they CAN go broody, but won't as often or as reliably as breeder stock.

Quote:
wink.png

LOTS of people have Silkies, they are super popular. You can even start with Craigslist, and email people asking where their birds came from (hatchery vs private breeder). Also, Marge Best is in Oregon City and she has some really nice Silkies... :)

LOTS of people have Silkies, they are super popular. You can even start with Craigslist, and email people asking where their birds came from (hatchery vs private breeder). Also, Marge Best is in Oregon City and she has some really nice Silkies... :)

Is Marge on BYC? Can I contact her though here? I am looking for 2 chicks( hopefully girls) in Feb. That is when I will be getting new batch of production birds to add to my 6. After that point I want to start hatching my own birds. Again not for showing at this point since they would be used primarily for hatching the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom