Oregon

The girls were out free ranging tonight and as the sun went down they went as a group back in to the run, up the ladder and in to bed in the coop. It's official. They get it. Hooray!

She's pure Faverolles, she's just hatchery quality. There's a HUGE difference between what a Fav will look like from a breeder, vs a hatchery. It's not uncommon for them to be even darker than her.
smile.png
Favs are awesome!! (Though I am kind of biased)
wink.png

Grace is truly awesome ! :p When and if I ever get finished fencing the back lot I might put in a raptor proof run large enough I can have more chickens comfortably. They're more fun than I ever imagined possible. I'd never move Gracie and Liza out of the back yard, at least not against their will, but I have plenty of room for a few more out back.
Is it normal for faverolles to be very verbal like Gracie? Some of what I've read says they're noisy. Now, Gracie isn't noisy..she's just verbal. She's not strident or loud and her voice is so soft its almost like she's talking to herself lol When she's fussing over a bug or cuddling in the shade she likes to coo like a dove too. Its just there are times when she gets clearly peeved. And if its with me she'll follow me around and give me a piece of her mind. I can't imagine twenty chickens nagging me at once! lol

Quote:
HA! And have your Aunt watch them when he's on vacation???? Too Funny! I Love It! Besides, he'd eat 'em!
I would tell dad he needs to have three! He would ask me what he would do with that many eggs a day. I would tell him that he could eat them, then he would tell me he can't eat that many and he isn't home enough to have animals. I swear he is the most pessimistic person I have ever known.

Quote:
HA! And have your Aunt watch them when he's on vacation???? Too Funny! I Love It! Besides, he'd eat 'em!
I would tell dad he needs to have three! He would ask me what he would do with that many eggs a day. I would tell him that he could eat them, then he would tell me he can't eat that many and he isn't home enough to have animals. I swear he is the most pessimistic person I have ever known.

I know what you mean... my mom is even worse!
BUT.... you could tell him that I have 5 chickens and I'm getting ZERO eggs. Last month I got just one egg every other day! Not too many eggs by ANY calculation! You should live closer to us! Steph has been giving me eggs from her girls, but they live too far away too. Can't wait till my new girls start to lay. I hope they'll do better that what I've had so far.

She's pure Faverolles, she's just hatchery quality. There's a HUGE difference between what a Fav will look like from a breeder, vs a hatchery. It's not uncommon for them to be even darker than her.
smile.png
Favs are awesome!! (Though I am kind of biased)
wink.png

Hey There! You're such a great resource!

By the way, my Swedish Flower Hen is growing up nicely. And you picked out such a pretty girl for me, thanks again. She's terribly skittish so I don't think she'll be my lap chicken, but that's okay. I'll keep giving her treats and maybe she'll calm down a little more with time. She's started her juvenile molt, so I have 3 littles and 1 big all spreading lovely fluffy feathers EVERYWHERE. :) Can't wait till that's done. I'm really looking forward to fall to see how she lays.

Well I just discoverd there is a poultry swap near me this Saturday.
Country Farms and Ranch Supplies Poultry Swap
Creswell OR
June 8, 2013 10am to 3pm
Food, vendors, fun - Come to look or come to swap! Lots of different breeds of poultry!

I'm going :) I don't want more chickens right now but it will be fun to look. And maybe pick up some more stuff for Gracie & Liza. I've got chicken treats on my mind everywhere I go lately haha

Back
Top Bottom