Oregon

Well, with the advent of this Pandemic and work being scarce (work for school district) I was unable to order the fancy chicks I wanted so badly from Alchemist Farm...... (I will in the future). Today I received my Meyer chicks all the way from Ohio in 30 hours from hatching, woohoo!
1 BCMs
2 of each: EE, Welsummer, Dominique and Barnevelder
All arrived hale & hearty, clean butts, great feet and beaks and good appetites:) One EE is the fluffiest chick I've ever seen, she almost has owl eartufts! The other EE is significantly smaller, solid black with blue shanks and very little beard.
View attachment 2090430View attachment 2090432
Oh so cute! This pandemic needs more chick pics!

I'm in Portland! Show me your baby ducklings! When I move out of the city, I want ducks too! I miss their quacks!

Here you go neighbor.
IMG_20200330_210319.jpg

IMG_20200410_121805.jpg

MVIMG_20200430_160840.jpg

Yeah pretty cute, I have grown quiet partial to them. Even my neighbor heard me talking to them the other day and said I made a good mother duck (Even though I am a guy ;)) Yes they are light weight which is totally fine for us. We do like that Magpies are endangered and on the rarer side. Bummer I can't grow our little farmette for more Magpies! I think they are the same as all ducks, but I do not have a ton of experience. They hate when they get taken in/out of the brooder which sounds typical. I can get them to follow me by calling although they are weary. My kiddos are high energy and the ducks tolerate it. If they sit down (Kids) the ducks will eventually waddled over and feed from their hands. All in all I am happy with their temperament.

Back
Top Bottom