Pasco County Florida

Hey! I am going to meet with someone on the land and development team for Pasco next month to talk more about it. The ordinance just didn't pass last year by one vote! We are so close!

I posted this to gather everyones idea and help with research before the meeting. https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...al-neighborhoods.1254847/page-3#post-20266455

Contact the county commissioners about it too!
Will let you know how my meeting goes!

I just went to a Pasco Food Advisory Council meeting. They decided to approach Pasco Legal about starting a pilot program (yay!). This means they will select areas of Pasco to allow backyard chickens and see how the community responds. Attached is the proposal and research I submitted to get this far :) (thanks to help from this community on this website) To be considered for the pilot contact your county commissioner also email Mary Duke ([email protected]) and let her know you are interested. She has all the Food Advisory and Commissioner Board contact information. Let me know how it goes. - Amy Traurig

Attachments

• Backyard Chickens.pdf
    147.6 KB · Views: 114
I just recently moved back to Pasco from overseas, and I know there were people who "were working on" trying to get the laws changed, and I was curious if anyone knows anything.

See my reply below. I just got the green light from Pasco to move forward with a Backyard Chickens Pilot program!!! Contact the county, Food Advisory Council and Mary.

See my reply below. I just got the green light from Pasco to move forward with a Backyard Chickens Pilot program!!! Contact the county, Food Advisory Council and Mary.
Hey Amy,

I contacted Mary as well as the commissioner and they weren’t very helpful. I was basically told that the program doesn’t exist yet and the are still researching it. She apparently added my email to an interested parties list back in September, but then I never heard back. Do you have any updates on the pilot program?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom