Pasty butt quartet growth thread! Gender guesses welcome!

Pics

TheOddOneOut

🌧️🌧️🌧️
Feb 15, 2020
OR
So, I rescued 4 babies from Wilco Farm Store, where they would have suffered from pasty butt. (At least one would have died.) The employees didn’t care one bit. The lady who grabbed them (really very unnecessarily roughly) said “We’ve never had anyone ask for the sick ones with the poopy butts. They always say ”No, we don’t want that one.” “
So!
We have a Sapphire Gem, a Barred Rock, a Rhode Island Red (possibly a production red, not a RSL though.) and an Easter Egger.
We will have to sell them once they’re old enough, we’ve already reached our chicken limit.

We bought them sexed, I think. I was too busy obsessing over their poor butts to read the labels properly.

I know the SG is female, she has no head spot and no barring.
BR has a small head spot and barely visible barring on her wings.
EE is light chipmunk, no visible comb.
RIR is small and shy, with a small but visible comb.

I will post pics tomorrow, the newly cured babies are resting their little eyes under a heat lamp right now.
I spent a lot of time picking at those crusty butts, and was rewarded with large relieved poos.

This is a follow-along thread and you may cast gender guesses once I post pics.

Well, there’s nothing left to say but...
Yipee! Chicks!

Last edited:
So, I rescued 4 babies from Wilco Farm Store, where they would have suffered from pasty butt. (At least one would have died.) The employees didn’t care one bit. The lady who grabbed them (really very unnecessarily roughly) said “We’ve never had anyone ask for the sick ones with the poopy butts. They always say ”No, we don’t want that one.” “
So!
We have a Sapphire Gem, a Barred Rock, a Rhode Island Red (possibly a production red, not a RSL though.) and an Easter Egger.

I will post pics tomorrow, the newly cured babies are resting their little eyes under a heat lamp right now.
I spent a lot of time picking at those crusty butts, and was rewarded with large relieved poos.

Yipee! Chicks!
Yay! I love follow-along threads. @TheOddOneOut you are so nice taking in these cuties! (Even though I’ve never seen them all chicks are cuties). Hopefully they all have a quick and smooth recovery!!, :):)

Yay! I love follow-along threads. @TheOddOneOut you are so nice taking in these cuties! (Even though I’ve never seen them all chicks are cuties). Hopefully they all have a quick and smooth recovery!!, :):)
Thanks! I couldn’t just stand by and do nothing, you know? They all have cleared-up bottoms by now, and have been gobbling down water, feed, egg yolk, and love.

So!
We will have to sell them once they’re old enough, we’ve already reached our chicken limit.

We bought them sexed, I think. I was too busy obsessing over their poor butts to read the labels properly.

Yipee! Chicks!
Oh my gosh you have babies too!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! That was so awesome of you. Good job!!! I can't believe it! Pics asap please!!!!

Here we go.
They’re all messy because I fed them egg yolk and they have the manners of a bat trying to eat with chopsticks.
The EE.
DBA45833-E0F9-40B5-9A3E-0D7982B4ADA1.jpeg
45B9DC9B-0305-424D-90AB-746D528F814C.jpeg

The droopy SG I hope will make it!
E21745C5-F17D-4BC9-9EB3-DA2FA906AC3F.jpeg
3A4A3F86-7A13-44C2-9C4B-8945696E2387.jpeg

The RIR.
F8AF485F-1DDC-4B48-A3F6-82837E042301.jpeg
4AE9E4A5-9D3F-43BE-842E-91C3314BF26B.jpeg

And the BR, whom I suspect is really a CM.
CE312D10-C415-4A63-B4D9-A6F7FDD12FB3.jpeg
48899FC9-2914-4298-B398-AD238DB6EDED.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom