Peacock baby with straddle leg :(

LANNIJ3M

Hatching
Jun 18, 2024
New to hatching babies and have not had much luck! 5 Welsh Harlequins and only 1 made it to hatch so he is now being raised as a dog with us all the time, 0 out of 6 chickens made it to hatch but we have got 2 (so far) out of 3 Peacocks made it! However one has straddle leg?! Searched online and found lots of results for straddle leg in chickens and ducks but nothing really in peacocks. We have followed the online suggestions and strapped them up so hopefully when we remove tonight (will have been 24hrs) he will be cured.

Attachments

• Elton.jpg
    Elton.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 25
If the little guy is eating and drinking, doing normal chick things and the splayed legs is the only problem then I have a feeling it will be just fine!

In my one chick (chicken) it took a couple days to fix, I also had one foot taped to keep the toes relatively straight. I end up giving it and a few others to a friend and as far as I know little guy is still alive and well.

What a result! He isnt as good as his brother Elvis yet but I am happy to say that Elton is still standing better than he ever did :D (Sorry couldnt help it)

Attachments

• 20240620_073837.jpg
    20240620_073837.jpg
    661.3 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom