Pecked, or Pox?

Pecked, or Pox?

• Pecked Comb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fowl Pox

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Positive reinforcement will help after a traumatic session of treatment for future treatments. You could even have one person restrain the chicken and offer treats while the other person treats the chickens comb. Just some tips from my hospital experience 😊

Thank you. Yes, that'd be absolutely fair (not messing about with their nests while they're in them), if it Only happens when I'm near her nesting area, but she comes after me whenever she sees me, or me going after Any eggs (not just hers). For a bit, I had thought it was my sparkly nail polish (all my chickens love sparkly stuff), but after I cleaned my polish off, she still attacks my fingers. I may try your suggestion of picking her up and holding her until she calms down.
I actually Have been pecking her back for a while, now. 😏 A couple of times, we looked like a Three Stooges slap scene, going back and forth three or four times, but I backed out first each time, as the other chickens started encroaching on the scene and I didn't want to end up in some headline, "Woman attacked and eaten by her own flock".
I may have been watching too many ridiculous movies, lately. 🙄🫣🤦🏼‍♀️
Maybe they were all like "hell yeah the featherless one is standing up to the bully!" Hahaha

Thank you. Yes, that'd be absolutely fair (not messing about with their nests while they're in them), if it Only happens when I'm near her nesting area, but she comes after me whenever she sees me, or me going after Any eggs (not just hers). For a bit, I had thought it was my sparkly nail polish (all my chickens love sparkly stuff), but after I cleaned my polish off, she still attacks my fingers. I may try your suggestion of picking her up and holding her until she calms down.
I actually Have been pecking her back for a while, now. 😏 A couple of times, we looked like a Three Stooges slap scene, going back and forth three or four times, but I backed out first each time, as the other chickens started encroaching on the scene and I didn't want to end up in some headline, "Woman attacked and eaten by her own flock".
I may have been watching too many ridiculous movies, lately. 🙄🫣🤦🏼‍♀️
You don't want to be the one backing down, if you back down, she'll think she's won. Make her be the one to back down first. Again, be firm but gentle and be persistent

Back
Top Bottom